JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

My Thoughts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't take Will that long to make a new album... Maybe he could put some unreleased material on willsmith.com or itunes every now and then.. Just give us something :stars:

:word: I think we'd all like that. :kekeke:

i just dont understand, weve had to wait 3 years for lost & found which was a brilliant album, but possibly the best song on it was recorded in 2002/2003,

the least will could do is what tim said and put up some exclusives or something or maybe bring an album out every 2 years like LL is, i mean hes acting and doing movies as well and hes still giving his music fans something in return as well..........

i dont see why you guys are so quick to complain, its only been about a year since his last album dropped... give the man more time than that to make an album, i mean c'mon! and please take note, during the time the album dropped til now, Will has only done one movie, and according to the JJFP news, he's making a complimation album, so be happy with that too! sure we prolly wont see another full JJFP album, be happy with the tracks being released, Will is a very busy man, he has companies to run, a family to look after, and a charity too. Maybe Will should take time off his charity work for AIDS in Africa in order to give us (more well off than most africans) another album... It all seems quite selfish to me

While I would like more music from Will as much as the rest of us, I am thankful that he is still involved in the music business after all of these years. He is very busy and as long as he keeps putting out quality music, I will be satisfied.

While I would like more music from Will as much as the rest of us, I am thankful that he is still involved in the music business after all of these years. He is very busy and as long as he keeps putting out quality music, I will be satisfied.

:word: I'm happy with whatever he comes out with. :kekeke:

I think Will is an actor now.. He lost his will to be a mc, if it would be the opposite he would have done more for lost and found. Lost and found is lyrically one of the best 2005albums, but people will rember only switch and not tell me why or other deep trax... It's Will's fault, I'll never change my idea on that

Yeah thats true. But.. is that really a bad thing?

A few days ago we had a cooking leson at my school. And we had a Radio. So we where listening to this Urban sation. And than "Switch" came on, and the girls went crazy. They where shaking theyr hips and singing that "Heey,heey". They love the song, and I was proud of that.

ok, but why does Will Release only one single for each album? I think it's stupid, lost n found could have given Will the respect he needs, Don't be surprised if when people think about Will Smith the only trax they remember are gettin jiggy, MIB and Miami.....that's why most of the hip hop fans don't respect him at all.. He wrote incredible trax that none knows, but I still think it's his fault if nobody knows them

Thats true. But there are allot people who love him for Tracks like MIB, Miami etc. Will gets allot of love, also in Hip Hop. Look at what guys like RZA; LL Cool J, Fat Joe, etc. say abut Will.

Ofcourse Will could drop more serious songs, and it would be good that more people know them.. But I`m ok with this too. He get allotof love as a "Party Starter". And I can life with that to.. Allot of MC`s drop party Tracks and dont sell ****. Allot of MC`s drop serious track an dont sell ****..

And that's true, but what makes me mad is that the only album that had good promotion was Big Willie Style. Willennium B2R L+F had promotion close to 0.... I don't understand why he released switch and then party starter after 7 month... I'm not discussing the choice of the singles, but the time passed between singles.... that's totally wrong. I look at BWS, he released party trax and just the two of us two, 10,000,000 of people bought that album. I know that it's impossible right now repeat that numbers cuz of internet, piracy but WHY he CAN'T RELEASE SINGLE EVERY 3 MONTHS AS NORMAL SINGER DOES?............this is the reason why today Will Smith is known As actor and not as rapper..WHAT A PITY!

ok, but why does Will Release only one single for each album? I think it's stupid, lost n found could have given Will the respect he needs, Don't be surprised if when people think about Will Smith the only trax they remember are gettin jiggy, MIB and Miami.....that's why most of the hip hop fans don't respect him at all.. He wrote incredible trax that none knows, but I still think it's his fault if nobody knows them

How is it Wills fault. He doesnt control what songs he realises, he might have some say but at the end of the day the record companies control everything. Will wanted tell me why to be released and it wasnt. What does that tell you. It wasnt released for political reasons. For some reason they think the song wont appeal to radio. If it were up to Will that would have been the forst single from lost and found.