JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

How it would be if..?

Luigie

man, i wouldnt make such a bad song about my daughter. its not even close to just the two of us. he could've put more effort into that track. i dont feel it and it just doesnt speak to me as a "father-daughter" love song.

I agree

nah, the worst song is Willow is a player. thats really horrible. the sound doesnt really fit, and Will sucks at singing.

and it must be mentioned that he's actually not really singing on I Cant Stop.

Willow is a player is a great song about Will loving his daughter..and how he cant front on that.. I Cant Stop is no substance awful beat worst chorus ever..rubbish! :bat:

well, there are a lot of other Will songs that hava no real substance. there is a dog is a dog, gettin jiggy wit it, miami, big willie style, da butta, can you feel me,...

but the most of them are party tracks, and the thing is, that party tracks arent really supposed to have some deep material.

Love tracks should have, but Willow is a player is definately a really bad love song. it isnt on that level that it should be as a love song, but i cant stop as a party track holds its own and rocks every party, no matter what kind of ppl there are.

Well if Will came out now he probably might be able to make it as a singer 'cause most singers out now can't sing either, they need to have rappers on their songs to have hits, lol, btw it's a bad idea to say Will'd sell more if he was r&b 'cause he outsells all r&b artists not named Usher or R. Kelly already, nobody really buys r&b anymore, Toni Braxton only sold 200,000 on her last album, overall I'm really happy with the way sales are for Will right now, not many artists in the industry could put out 9 albums that sell well over 30 million+, Will's unique the way he is, he should do what he wants to do, he shouldn't have to change to fit in with the hot trend sellin', he never had to rely on that so why start now? 'Cause I don't see 50 and those other pop artists on top of the charts selling that much when they're on their 9th albums 'cause they get overexposed, even Britney Spears goes from selling 20 million when she came out to selling 2 million with her last album and she's only like on her 4th, she probably won't even go gold on her 9th album if she even makes it that far...

Edited by bigted

Well if Will came out now he probably might be able to make it as a singer 'cause most singers out now can't sing either, they need to have rappers on their songs to have hits

...and even then, all of them can sing better than Will, so what would that mean for Will's singing career...?

I didn't serious think that be a good idea to do but I was just saying that if he was coming out as a singer now he'd probably have short term success, lol, but would end up being a one-hit wonder with no credabilty like most of them are gonna end up being since true talent prevails in the long term, the music industry is filled with a bunch of disposable artists, Will has stood the test of time, he don't need to change a damn thing, he only needs a record label that'll promote his albums enough so that everyone knows that it came out so they could buy them, maybe if they spent less time promoting disposable trash and promote the true artists that've stood the test of time and that music fans respect the most then maybe the music industry would be better than it is now, to see Ciara outselling Toni Braxton is a joke just like seeing 50 Cent outselling Will ....

Edited by bigted