JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

How it would be if..?

Luigie

Will Smith was a R&B artist??? :hmm: he could be more popular now?? wat ya think?? this just hit my head when i was listenin the R&B remix of switch

Well I already consider Will as a R&B artist as well as a rap/hip hop artist. He has quite a few songs that could be considered as R&B songs, like a lot of songs on Born To Reign. I think if he had some of his R&B-like songs released as singles, he could be more popular in the R&B area as well as hip hop and rap.

I think r&b was more popular when "Born To Reign" came out and how well did that album do? And would that really help his image? Hell no, Will can't sing that well he's an mc, that'd put a nail in the coffin on his career if he made an r&b album!! :paperbag:

Edited by bigted

It all depends on promotion. If a company promotes an album in the right markets it will sell.

the only reason why rappers like 50 sell well is because their music is always played in the major markets. If Switch was played in major markets the album would have gone platinium within the first two weeks.

Wuah, i cant stop is a party thriller! people love that song! its really wild and crazy!

It would be boring to hear the same stuff all the time.

Will is creative and he knows how to put it on a record, and born to reign is a masterpiece of art. its a whole new area he entered and he did it well. Live Orchestra, Oldskool, Newskool, R&B, Raggae,... everything is mixed up in a perfect way. Some lyrics are really wack, but thats not the only point to judge how good or bad a record is. the vibe of that record is so smooth and chilled, i just love it. you can put it on, when its rainy outside, or when you're sitting at home chillin with your girl.

Come on, Will cant be oldskool all the time, that would be just the same as it is with 50. He always makes just one kind of rap music, theres neither varieties nor creativity in his songs. so, be glad that he made Born 2 Reign.

• Admin

nah, the worst song is Willow is a player. thats really horrible. the sound doesnt really fit, and Will sucks at singing.

and it must be mentioned that he's actually not really singing on I Cant Stop.

Willow is a player is a great song about Will loving his daughter..and how he cant front on that.. I Cant Stop is no substance awful beat worst chorus ever..rubbish! :bat: