What are you reading?

mfuqua23

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Yo brakes when I was in america i got the da vinci code..it was only $8 figured i'd read it on the 25 hour flight back..couldn't concentrate on the plane tho.. anyway got stuck into the book last week and finished it in a couple of days.. Excellent book..really moved fast..and the twist got me in the end.. thoroughly enjoyed it.. saw the trailer for the movie tonight and its funny..everythin is exactly how I imagined it in my mind.. It looks like theyve done a good job turning it into a film..like the casting too..

Yo brakes when I was in america i got the da vinci code..it was only $8 figured i'd read it on the 25 hour flight back..couldn't concentrate on the plane tho.. anyway got stuck into the book last week and finished it in a couple of days.. Excellent book..really moved fast..and the twist got me in the end.. thoroughly enjoyed it.. saw the trailer for the movie tonight and its funny..everythin is exactly how I imagined it in my mind.. It looks like theyve done a good job turning it into a film..like the casting too..

Yeah it is a great book no doubt! Lets hope the film does it justice! The only qualms I have is casting Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon! He just doesn't fit for me! hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

i have a question, it may be a really dumb and ignorant one, but what exactly is it about. i know its quite controversial and i hear a lot of people talk about it but ive never known much about it. Anyone care to fill me in?

The less you know about the book, the better read it is. :)

Cobra 2 It examines the US's pre-war planning for Iraq. Very interesting, my favorite part is when it talks about what the Iraqi government was planning/expecting/doing compared to what the US was. Both countries were way off the mark many times.

• 3 weeks later...

Freakonomics - This is the economics book that looks at things differently, famous for saying the legalazation of abortion in the 70's accounts for lower crime today. It's an entertaining read, has some interesting ideas, but makes to many assertions with out a lot of evidence for me to really believe too much of it with any conviction.

• 6 months later...

Audacity of Hope - Barack Obama

A good book, even if you don't like the politician. It looks at current politics in the U.S. Different issues and possible solutions to the problems. I'd recommend it to anyone, but anyone with an interest in Obama as a politician should definitely read it.