JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MTV: My Block, The Bay

WesSyde

for those of you that don't know, the Bay Area has it's own form of rap music and slang. similar to crunk music in the south, but this movement is getting much bigger and is known all over the bay area. mtv did a special on it and it starts out with E40, the godfather of bay rap. some of u might like it, it's basically all about street dancin and club music, and somewhat based on hip-hop. tim might like it since he likes bay area rap, the first 10 minutes are the best, so if u get bored and dont wanna watch it all, just watch the first 10 minutes, it's really interesting and gives u a perspective on how things go down over here in the bay and what kind of things i get to see everyday.

here's the link, left click to watch, right click to save

http://www.donedealent.net/video/my_block-...coastrydaz).wmv

I heard about that this morning and wanted to see it....Props on the link.

I like Bay rap...But It helps that i'm from here..haha.

I'm glad The Bay is coming back to the spotlight though...feels like it's been too long since we got that exposure worldwide.

Edited by Vipa

Yeah I like that E-40 track too, it's hard to believe that Lil' Jon produced it, I don't like much of his production but this track is hot, I saw that special on the Bay Area on MTV2 last weekend

Yeah I like that E-40 track too, it's hard to believe that Lil' Jon produced it, I don't like much of his production but this track is hot, I saw that special on the Bay Area on MTV2 last weekend

hey Ted where did u find out that Lil Jon produced it? i've never heard that and that song has been playin in the bay for like 4 months now. usually Bay Area people kinda rival the dirty south people so i dont know Lil Jon woulda produced it