JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Big Will Track most JJFP like

Which do ya'll think resembles old school JJFP from Big Wills solo albums

I think If you can't dance and Pump ya breaks is soooo JJFP

Since Pump ya breaks got story telling about girls (girls aint notin but trouble) and has cuttin during the chorus.

Pump Your Breaks is very JJFPesque. It's playful and light. There's the scratching on the track as well.

In my perspective, Pump Ya Brakes is very far from JJFP, even though it actually is JJFP. So Fresh and Holla Back is two very JJFP songs.

:word: So Fresh is definitely JJFP-style, as well as Pump Me Up. Personally I think Pump Ya Brakes is a bit too modern to sound like a JJFP type of track, but the scratching is old school!

The Rain is really JJFP like... its some kind of a Shadow Dreams, Caught In The Middle and Aint No Place Like Home song.

Theres also So Fresh, and i think that Dont Say Nothin leans on Battle Rhymin tracks like Numero Uno. so thats also JJFP like.

Guest Guest

don't you love it when a question like this comes along and you just have to go back and listen to some Will songs to feel if theres a JJFP feel in them... I posted this question because I was chillin with Will & my IPOD today with his Solo albums on play...

I really don't think there is a real difference in the music. They've both just gotten better with time. Many of the "solo" trax are in fact JJ+FP trax so it's weird 2 say they are "like JJ+FP." Here's my list tho'...

It's All Good

I Loved Her

Candy

Boy You Knock Me Out w/ Tatyana Ali

Afro Angel

The Rain

Potnas

Uuhhh

Pump It Up

Holla Back

Block Party

Give Me Tonight

Pump Ya Breaks

If U Can't Dance (Slide)

Could U Love Me

Party Starter

Comin' To The Stage

I would have to say So Fresh, Pump Me Up, and If You Can't Dance, those three really remind me of old school JJFP...

• Admin

I'm not sure why people are selecting jjfp tracks that are most jjfp like.. pump me up..so fresh..the rain..its all jjfp.. The question should be what will smith track that had no involvement from jazzy jeff..sounds the most like JJFP..

In that case I'd nominate tracks like Holla Back and block party

I'm not sure why people are selecting jjfp tracks that are most jjfp like.. pump me up..so fresh..the rain..its all jjfp.. The question should be what will smith track that had no involvement from jazzy jeff..sounds the most like JJFP..

In that case I'd nominate tracks like Holla Back and block party

Yeah.. Holla Back is so damn JJFP that its hard to believe that Jeff wasnt invovled.