JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

simple q

Mike

I've wondered about that too, you're talking about Girls Ain't Nothin but Trouble, right? It also refers to Nightmare on my Street and that was on He's the DJ too.

"First your parents just don't understand, then you had this crazy nightmare, what's next?"

it's really quite simple. rock the house came out in 87 and he's the dj came out in 88

the reason that GANBT refers to PJDU and NOMS is because if u look closely, it says "Girls Aint Nothin But Trouble (1988 Remix)"

the original version of RTH that came out on champ records and word up records had the original version of GANBT which has slightly different lyrics and a different sound to it. by far, most people actually listen to the 1988 remixed version of it thinking its the original. the original version is pretty rare and hard to come by.

• Members

it's really quite simple. rock the house came out in 87 and he's the dj came out in 88

the reason that GANBT refers to PJDU and NOMS is because if u look closely, it says "Girls Aint Nothin But Trouble (1988 Remix)"

the original version of RTH that came out on champ records and word up records had the original version of GANBT which has slightly different lyrics and a different sound to it. by far, most people actually listen to the 1988 remixed version of it thinking its the original. the original version is pretty rare and hard to come by.

Do you know how to get it. I have it on tape but I want it on CD or MP3.Besides my copy isnt the original, its on a mixed tape.

i think you either have to find the GANBT single, which is rare, or the original recording of RTH, it has a different cover than the one re-released in 88. that is also very rare. the original version was posted in the audio section of this forum a long time ago but i dont know if the link still works.