Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Three 6 Mafia Win First Oscar, Make Hip-Hop History

bigted

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**** the Oscars....

Word. Like I said, Awards dont mean **** nomore..

the entertainment fields arent what they used to be.... movies, sports and music

hip hop... ummm no comment, yall see how it is

sports... only a few still do it strictly for the love

movies... well, they are losing originality and creativity

:1-eek: :1-eek: I didnt know dat group till they won the oscar...well the competition wasnt really hard..ppl like to be a pimp :paperbag:

Yeah Three Six Mafia is basically an underground group that's a carbon copy of what we hear on the radio all the time so it wasn't any different than if they gave the award to 50 Cent or Mike Jones, if the Academy wants credability by having independent artists on there, that's not the way to go...

Who cares? Let em live! I really haven't heard much of their music, but I know they're independent and have come up on their own merits. I don't know had bad or good their music is, but it's good for them, and maybe good for Hip Hop. I'm not sure. All I know is be happy for them, and even I can start embracing all types of Hip Hop and be open-minded. It would be nice for y'all to do that too, but that's on you!

I think most of us would be more receptive and open-minded if the industry was more open-minded. If Common, FP, De La and others would be played as much as 3-6 Mafia, 50 Cent, Mike Jones, etc. then I don't think there would be as big of an outrage as there is with 3-6 picking up an Oscar award.

Their song and performance is a poor representation of hip-hop... and to a lot of African-Americans it is a poor representation of the race.

As I said before, there are plenty of stereotypes regarding black males & hip-hop and seeing them on stage was a disgrace.

It's also hard to be open-minded when the rhymes they spit are pure garbage and negative.

I don't think Three Six Mafia gets as much airplay as 50 Cent or Mike Jones but with this win they probably will now, they'll probably sign with G Unit next week and go triple platinum then bring their pimp homies along with them tippin' on fo' fo's throughout the airwaves some mo', lol, this seems to be the industry's intent to blow more trash to the public for the kids to love and for everyone else to diss, mainstream hip-hop has turned into teenybopper pop since it's so generic, there's no credability for the public eye to see anymore, it's depressing to see blacks potrayed as pimps and hoes on the highest stage, people who don't know much about hip-hop and watch think that every rapper is like that so they won't ever wanna give hip-hop a try, this is another black eye for the image of hip-hop, but most of Hollywood is gimmicks anyway, I'll be surprised if Will ever wins an Oscar, I just don't get how such a powerful performance in Ali where Will poured his blood, sweat, and tears gets snubbed into while another rap group does another general song about pimpin' wins, tell me why?

The Oscars are supposed to be the highest award just like the Grammy awards, the highest honors of the entertainment industry, it's like I'd care less if they won a BET or Source award, that's the problem with the Oscars and Grammies now, they're trying to draw in the TRL audience rather than award the most credible artists that poured their soul into their work, Terrence Howard deserves some of the dissin' here too 'cause he was the one who performed that trash song in a generic movie that shouldn't have gotten nominated in the first place 'cause it's another stereotypical black film about violence and pimpin', why couldn't a powerful, inspiring film like "Glory Road" get nominated instead? That was a wonderful movie that displays the courage of black men, not to mention we would've had Alicia Keys performing the powerful song "Glory Road" she made for that movie, well then again nobody ever question the credability of white people when they do stereotypical things so it makes me mad that they come after blacks when they do that, there's always positives and negatives that everybody does so who gives a **** especially since stereotypes get rewarded, people just can't look for entertainment for an image....

Edited by bigted

Who cares? Let em live! I really haven't heard much of their music, but I know they're independent and have come up on their own merits. I don't know had bad or good their music is, but it's good for them, and maybe good for Hip Hop. I'm not sure. All I know is be happy for them, and even I can start embracing all types of Hip Hop and be open-minded. It would be nice for y'all to do that too, but that's on you!

Thanks, thats exactly whats`s on my mind.

when ppl ask me what type of music im into, i feel more and more ashamed to say hip hop bcoz of things like this.

:word: It was a bad & sad day for Hip-Hop. :ohdear:

Guest VAsFinestRenagade

wat does it matta who wins wat Will one alot and jus becuz u dont like sum1 doesnt mean u have 2 go afta sum one so if u dont like sum1 then dont post sumthing about it

The thing is that when the Three six Mafia went on stage to collect their oscar nobody understood what they said, they dressed shabbily and their performance was in my opinion wack. This make hip-hop look bad in front of da world. If for example Common Sense or Will was 2 win that award they would put down a breath taking performance and make an important speech on the beauty of hip-hop and how far it has come :word: