JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Reviews think Will Smith has Nursery Rhyme Beats

However, What do you think would happen if Will had his music composed by Dr. Dre?

Even if you hate Shady/Aftermath/G-Uint Records

Instrumentals from: In Da Club, Outtal Control (Remix), Encore/Curtains down, Hate it or Love it, and Just a Lil bit, Popin' those things are amazing

anyone know if these are heavily sampled...

Also Will Smith Plays these beats during his performances, so it shouldn't matter if they are from gangsta music, because he wants to be a rapper people can jam to, "Rap was about rocking the party, not about how many people you can kill."

He should try to collab with producers that can make that music for his songs.

Edited by dkny2kx

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit beat suck!! Eminem has had drop beats (or lyrics) since 2000. Dr. Dre hardly produces any more. He's got skillz, but his in-house producers aren't anywhere near his level. And he's not that concerned with making quality beats anymore. G-Unit's stuff is always watered down.

FP can shine on anything, but having trendy, cookie cutter beats like that would be embarassing.

• Admin

Dr Dre's beats are always good.. Most of his stuff these days is ghost produced tho.. The G Unit beats are normally pretty good because they all use samples.. but seriously the best sampling producer is jazzy jeff..if ur gonna use samples jeff knows the cuts to do it with.. his knowledge of great music is insane

What reviews said that?!! I think the production on "Lost and Found" is better than anything Dre's done in the last 5 years, there's nothing musically creative about Dre anymore, if you wanna hear dope beats from Dre buy 'The Chronic' album and then you'll see how garbage his beats are today, he just follows trends now, he ain't no different than any other pop rap producer today, his beats all sound the same and generic, it seems like Trackmasters ghostproduce for him now, lol, people just kiss up to him 'cause he's Dre but if anyone else made those beats they'd get dissed no doubt and they diss Will all the time anyway no matter what he does 'cause he's Will, if Will made gangbanging songs they'd give props to his beats, but Dre should just give it up, Jazzy's the G.O.A.T. producer by a country mile....

Edited by bigted

They havee goof production most of the time. BUT the best beats those Camp`s had since quit a big time werent from theyr own producers. The realy good ones where made by Cool & Dre, Just Blaze, Kanye, Havoc etc. I would love to see Will on beats from them tho..

AJ, Jazzy Jeff the best producer that works with samples? I mean I realy think Jeff is a big producer or better DJ, but when it comes down in Sampling Skills he cant beat for example RZA..

Edited by Turntable

Didn't critics call production on JJFP albums popcorn too? It seems like they always hate on Will 'cause he don't make hardcore rap, I do remember "Party Starter" getting dissed and Luda produced that, his music easily stacks up against all the parental advisory artists but they diss his music 'cause it don't have a PA sticker...

Remember what Will said: "Why should I try to sound like y'all sound?": Meanwhile, the potent title cut's constructive critiques of his beloved art form begins with Will Smith reciting Webster's definition of "original" over an arrangement of terse strings. He explains, "If you don't dress like everybody in all the other videos dresses, or your drums don't sound like everyone's, or your rhyme scheme isn't like everyone else's, you don't fit in according to the industry. So originality isn't necessarily nurtured. As far as defining it at the beginning of the record, I did that to say, let's clear up what originality means and figure out how that could be a bad thing."

Running to Dr. Dre for beats would look like he's just trying to get hits like other pop rappers, that don't help his credability, I'd rather see DJ Quik produce for Will than Dr. Dre, he got some dope ****, he could call up KRS-ONE, Paris, DJ Johnny Juice, RZA, Pete Rock, Wyclef, and Teddy Riley if he wants producers besides Jazzy to give him great beats, even though they ain't that popular now, it's unfortunate that Will never got to work with J. Dilla either 'cause he was dope as hell too, a track with Swizz Beatz and Neptunes would be aight too 'cause they're the best mainstream producers out at the moment, even Jermaine Dupri is better than Dre now, I think Will'd have great chemistry with them, I want quality ****, not just pop hits, I don't want Will riding the G Unit bandwagon

Edited by bigted

Remember what Will said: "Why should I try to sound like y'all sound?", running to Dr. Dre for beats would look like he's just trying to get hits like other pop rappers, that don't help his credability, I'd rather see DJ Quik produce for Will than Dr. Dre, he got some dope ****, he could call up KRS-ONE, RZA, Pete Rock, Wyclef, and Teddy Riley and they could give him some dope beats too even though they ain't that popular now, I think Will'd have great chemistry with them, I want quality ****, not pop hits

exactly!!!!