Will a soft hearted Dad

monica

• Members

Will Smith a soft-hearted papa, says wife

Asian News International

London, February 25, 2006

Advertisement

Will, a soft hearted Dad

Most kids would love to have a father like actor Will Smith, for his wife, actress Jada Pinkett Smith, recently revealed that he's just too soft when it comes to laying down the rules in the house, and that they have him completely wrapped around their little fingers.

The Matrix Revolution star, who is also the lead singer for the Wicked Wisdom band, says that the kids take advantage of hubby Smith when she's out touring.

"They're not supposed to watch TV during the school week, but he lets them. I call home at 10:30 p.m., and Jaden says, 'Daddy said I could stay up with Trey'," Femalefirst quoted her, as saying.

"Will has to parent the way he feels he needs to parent. When mommy comes home, it's a different ballgame," she added.

This is not news to me. Will basically admitted that he's soft with the kids in "Just The Two Of Us":

I try to be a tough dad/

But you be making me laugh.

Even though Will is 37 now, he's still F.P. and F.P. is a big kid at heart. So it comes as no surprise to me that Jada is the one that has to lay down the law.

:kekeke: :lolsign:

Yeah Will is just a big kid..he's silly. So it doesn't surprise me that he lets the kids get away with sum things. Jada has 2 be the bad cop sumtimes. But I remember she said in a magazine that the kids know her bark but she is kind of like the yellow caution light. cos if she is annoied that means dad is annoied. So they have a couple of minutes 2 stop what they doing or else dad is gonna handle it :lolsign:

Will said it 2 when they asked him who runs the house. He said Jada does. They have such a lovely family

For the most part 'women' usually run the house. lol. But most (not all) women do know that the men are the head of the household. Even smarter women learn to let their men think he's callin da shots, when infact, she had her play in it too. "ok baby, ur absolutely right as usual! I got you boy!!! " hah.

I don't ever think Will's gonna change, and will always be a kid at heart...cute self. and jada is always gonna love him 4 that...

who wouldn't ??

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

Will Smith a soft-hearted papa, says wife

Asian News International

London, February 25, 2006

Will, a soft hearted Dad

Most kids would love to have a father like actor Will Smith, for his wife, actress Jada Pinkett Smith, recently revealed that he's just too soft when it comes to laying down the rules in the house, and that they have him completely wrapped around their little fingers.

The Matrix Revolution star, who is also the lead singer for the Wicked Wisdom band, says that the kids take advantage of hubby Smith when she's out touring.

"They're not supposed to watch TV during the school week, but he lets them. I call home at 10:30 p.m., and Jaden says, 'Daddy said I could stay up with Trey'," Femalefirst quoted her, as saying.

"Will has to parent the way he feels he needs to parent. When mommy comes home, it's a different ballgame," she added.

Woah, hold up... What kind of parent doesn't let their kids watch television during the week? Unless they have Tivo, they're missing most of the best shows and no one wants to be in the house watching television on weekends just to catch up on what you missed during the week. My existence throughout elementry and middle school was based on Disney in the afternoon, Ninja Turtles, Swat Kats, Batman, and most importantly, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Have they forgotten that the Fresh Prince of Bel Air came on during the weekdays? Someone needs to point that out.... That's oppression.

yea u right Max tho...seriously. I would go completely INSANE if I didn't allow my kids to watch cartoons or their favourite shows during the week... We watch Fresh Prince every day, and one of my sons has grown into this HUGE fresh prince fans... They used 2 be like, MOM, your favourite show is on!!!.. Now theyre like, MOM come watch Fresh Prince with me, this is a gooood one, its FUNNY!!!. haha

besides, it keeps them occupied while i do other Stuff~es. LOL

peace,

cookie

I remember that interview Angel she said the kids are definitely more afraid of dad, mom's just a warning that's funny how jaden gets on the phone and tells

Haha poor babies they have a lot of the same rules as mom and dad had growing up and jada wasn't allowed a lot of tv. I think it's cool though cuz she says she encourages them to read instead of watching hrs of tv or ride a bike before playing a video game..........but yeah I'd go crazy too but I guess they're used to it, she says they're more into movie watching anyway, stuff like the Incredibles lol

It probably does them a lot of good, but it is a bit mean. When u get home from school u watch tv, its either that or homework lol.

and i thought i was deprived as a child coz we only had 4 channels lol.

It was either homework, tv, or going outside to play for me.

Sometimes I did homework while watching tv. Good times.

It probably does them a lot of good, but it is a bit mean. When u get home from school u watch tv, its either that or homework lol.

Same here Max!!! lmbo. I still watch 'Good times"... if ur talkin bout the show.. :2thumbs:

peace,

cookie

Same here Max!!! lmbo. I still watch 'Good times"... if ur talkin bout the show.. :2thumbs:

peace,

cookie

Good Times, The Jeffersons, Family Matters... sigh... what's happened to television? We're going to have to have a "Old TV Shows" thread cookies...

• Members

I wouldn't mind being in Will's household and be a part of the family! :1-cool:

He is a big kid at heart....lots of love in that family!!! :2thumbs:

I agree with having a thread about old shows!! They rock!! :rockon: Andy Griffith, Green Acres, Fresh Prince, Roseanne.....ahh, the good old days!! :kungfu:

Jen :wickedwisdom: