JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

new pics of Will in India

more info on his trip. i want a lake built for me!

Smith builds links with Bollywood

Smith is in India to launch an English-language movie TV channel

Actor Will Smith has called for closer links between Hollywood and Bollywood during a visit to India.

I, Robot star Smith said Hollywood could find a winning combination by joining up with the "beauty, colour and depth of Indian cinema".

He said he hoped to work with India's top producers and actors, adding: "I really feel there is a marriage to be made between Hollywood and Bollywood."

Indian cinema has one of the world's largest audiences and output of films.

Mr Smith met with Bollywood producers, directors and actors and visited film studios.

'Blown away'

He said: "I am meeting with these people to make artistic connections and come up with a new thing."

The actor said he had been "blown away" by the performance of Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan - also known as Big B - in the film Sarkar.

He said: "I was very impressed with his acting and have decided that from today onwards, I will be known as Big W."

Tourist visit

Actress Aishwarya Rai was also singled out for praise by the Bad Boys star.

"I really wanted to work with her in Hitch but she was shooting for Bride and Prejudice at the time and she couldn't do it," he said.

"She has this powerful energy where she doesn't have to say anything, do anything, she can just stand there. Anything she's making, I'll be there."

Aishwarya Rai is one of India's most popular actresses

Smith also visited the capital Delhi and the Taj Mahal and said he "connected" with Shahjahan - the Moghul Emperor who built the monument for his queen, Mumtaz Mahal.

He said: "In my home in Los Angeles, I've built a lake and called it 'Her Lake' as a token of my love for my wife.

"I totally understand that feeling of building a monument to show your love for your woman.

"When I was walking through the Taj Mahal, I kept saying, I am that man."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4744332.stm