Fresh Prince on DVD update

Hero1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
[quote=FirthWyndNMyre,May 10 2004, 01:13 PM]OK people -- the [b]Jetsons[/b] -- a cartoon show which lasted for ONE season back in *1962* -- is on its way to DVD.

Whut thuh phreek?[/quote]
i know .. the most obscure things are being released.. but will smith one of the biggest movie stars in the world..cant get his sitcom released on dvd?

im starting to believe the conspiracy theories..that warner bros are making so much money off tv stations repeating the show..that they dont wanna release the dvd because then its value would go down.. meanwhile the fans get stuffed :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Even "The Bernie Mac Show" is now putting its 1st season on DVD and the show just started 2 years ago! The shows are funny as hell but they're not even syndicated yet like "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" is. :cussing: Edited by bigted

Man, I still remember asking AJ why they put out shows that have been on the air 4 1 or 2 seasons...like "My Big Fat Greek Life" 4 example, and he brought up a great point. The reason some newer shows already have DVD sets out is cuz they are cancelled (or probably will be shortly) so they put them out why the show still has a following and hype behind it. They just wanna make money now cuz if they waited 2 put out the series of a cancelled show that had only been on the air for a season or 2, the real fans of the show would lose interest.

A show that's getting released with 1 season can only be released now...cuz in a few years, no one will remember it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
[quote=DevilsJim89,Mar 26 2004, 02:58 PM]Amazing how one of the best sitcoms of the 90s still hasn't been released on DVD.[/quote]
It's not the only great 90's tv show that was snubbed. Seinfeld is FINALLY coming out on dvd in november. I saw a commercial for Hercules, Season 4 on dvd, I was not aware that there was even a show called Hercules, and it beat out Fresh Prince, and Seinfeld by 4 seasons. So many shows are coming out on dvd now, it's bound to happen. The reason Seinfeld took so long to come out on dvd is that not all of the stars wanted to do commentary, but they finally decided. That might be the hold-up with Fresh Prince.

It's just a matter of time untill Fresh Prince comes out.

hehe .. yeah .. i hope that it will be released some day :dunno: ..

but one of the best 80´s series is coming out this year ..

MAGNUM P.I. :bowrofl: .. yeah .. waited sooooo long .. too long .. but now .. its coming .. yeeah *happy* Edited by Lhunagar

• Admin
[quote=Lloyd Christmas,Aug 13 2004, 01:29 PM][quote=DevilsJim89,Mar 26 2004, 02:58 PM] Amazing how one of the best sitcoms of the 90s still hasn't been released on DVD.[/quote]
It's not the only great 90's tv show that was snubbed. Seinfeld is FINALLY coming out on dvd in november. I saw a commercial for Hercules, Season 4 on dvd, I was not aware that there was even a show called Hercules, and it beat out Fresh Prince, and Seinfeld by 4 seasons. So many shows are coming out on dvd now, it's bound to happen. The reason Seinfeld took so long to come out on dvd is that not all of the stars wanted to do commentary, but they finally decided. That might be the hold-up with Fresh Prince.

It's just a matter of time untill Fresh Prince comes out. [/quote]
the rumour i heard was that they are making such a bundle on selling the tv rights in syndication they dont want to release it.. theres no problem with the cast or anything.. but it really is beyond a joke..will smith is one of biggest movie stars in the world..they would make millions..scratch that 100s of millions on the dvds.. to not even release season 1 of the show by now is pathetic.. when every obscure cancelled show has already ended up being released.. i think there has to be a conspiracy... :bang:

• 1 month later...
  • Members
hi folks!
i'm new in this forum! i'm from germany and i'm a very big will smith fan!!!
i love the man :thumb:
he's just great and delicious *g* you see.
i would like to say, that 'The fresh prince of Bel-Air' should be on DVD!!!
sorry for my english grammar, i will work on that. :lolsign: