JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to present at upcoming Oscars

Radewart

link: http://oscarbeat.latimes.com/awards_oscar/...ng_spaces_.html

"In other Oscar show news, Meryl Streep and Will Smith are the latest presenters to be named. Smith was a nominee for "Ali" in 2001, while Streep has two awards and 13 nominations, a record for actors. She costars in "A Prairie Home Companion," the upcoming film from this year's honorary Oscar recipient, Robert Altman."

Edited by Radewart

I don't see what the fuss is about. If we claim Will is concentrating on movies so much, he should at least be winning them, not presenting them. IMO it's nothing to be proud of 'presenting an oscar'.... ohhhh that's a step in the right direction...

It's just a public appearance he's making...but if you wanna win an oscar it helps to kiss butt a little. They want big stars to drive ratings, likely cause the movies nominated weren't big hits at the box office. Snub'em and they may get vindictive.

Edited by Radewart

I totally lost any credibility in the oscars, after they didn't gave 1 to will for his role on ALI, that was 1 of the best showcases I've seen, and he truely deserved it.

Now I just see the oscars, as radewart said, buttkissing awards.

I totally lost any credibility in the oscars, after they didn't gave 1 to will for his role on ALI, that was 1 of the best showcases I've seen, and he truely deserved it.

well, i wouldn't quite say buttkissing...but ur pretty close on point tho. It just sickens me after his performance and nomination, to not get anything. I was just sooo upset that night, i can remember it like yesterday... I think i was more hurt (feeling sad 4 him) than anything, specially when he had left,...but he turned it around and made positive headlines when Miss Willow got sick...

I dont know who sits on their drunk behinds, tosses a quarter and says heads or tails with who gets the awards, but Will got Jipped out of his...and i dont care who disagrees with me either...

peace,

cookie

well, i wouldn't quite say buttkissing...but ur pretty close on point tho. It just sickens me after his performance and nomination, to not get anything. I was just sooo upset that night, i can remember it like yesterday... I think i was more hurt (feeling sad 4 him) than anything, specially when he had left,...but he turned it around and made positive headlines when Miss Willow got sick...

I dont know who sits on their drunk behinds, tosses a quarter and says heads or tails with who gets the awards, but Will got Jipped out of his...and i dont care who disagrees with me either...

peace,

cookie

I'm with you 100% cookie, i thought he got jipped! they coulda gave it to Denzel for his role in John Q before they gave it to him for Training Day....i didn't see the big deal about that movie anyway, but i guess it was more his performance?...anyway i agree Will shoulda won, but it'll happen soon enough i suppose

Glad to hear that he's presenting... It's been a year since his last movie came out and it's going to be over a year and a half between movies for him. At least he's staying visible...

Before someone comes up with the "he should be focusing on music nonsense," let me head you off at the pass and just say "Let it go..."

The way the Academy works, you should be a little more excited about will presenting, especially you jonny :pony: