JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

SCHOOL OF OLD (MY MOVIE IDEA FOR WILL)

JumpinJack AJ

I saw the movie School of Rock 2nite. The movie that features Jack Black as an out-of-work rocker who takes the job of a subsitute teacher who basically turns the class in2 a rock band. He takes their young minds that are dumb-founded 2 rock music and it's roots and he skools them and trains them 2 play in the Battle of The Bands. I watched this movie and totally could see it flipped 2 a Hip-Hop theme with Will as the lead character. If u havn't seen this movie, then this post will mean nothing 2 u, but if u have, u should like this....

Will plays Jack Black's character. He's in a Hip-Hop group that desides 2 go gangsta since their old skool, feel good vybe isn't gettin' them anywhere. Jazzy Jeff plays his best friend who is sharing the apartment that Will can't afford 2 hold up his part of the rent. MC Lyte plays Jeff's controling girlfriend who hates Will and wants him OUT of the apartment and out of threir lives.

Will takes the substitute teacher as an attempt 2 pay the rent. He goes on what he knows by 4getting all the skool subjects and talks music with the kids. He soon finds out that they are brainwashed by the P. Diddy-G-Unit-Eminem-Ludacris modern day garbage and know nothing about real music. Will skools the kids on old skool Hip-Hop and where it comes from. He finds out the kids' talent and appoints them emcees, DJs, breakers, beatboxes and gets other kids involved in set design (graffitee, lighting) and fashion.

Keep in mind this movie has tons of adult roles where Hip-Hop legends can be playing. Anyways, it's later found out Will isn't qualifyed 4 the job and he's taken away from the skool. The kids later take things in2 their own hands 2 compete in a local Hip-Hop-Rap talent show in which they outshine all the fake-thugged-out and shiny-suit-jiggy rappers.

Even tho' Will likes 2 seperate his emceeing skills from movies, this movie would the kinda movie Will could really let loose. Anyone else like this idea!?!?

• Members
[quote]He's in a Hip-Hop group that desides 2 go gangsta since their old skool, feel good vybe isn't gettin' them anywhere[/quote]

lololol

But seriously you should al stop whining about doing oldskool music NO ONE should make old skool music, they should make NICE new skool music, or else your're just backward. Don't live in the past! live in the future!

[quote=Daedalus Mortality,Mar 15 2004, 07:05 PM][quote] But seriously you should al stop whining about doing oldskool music NO ONE should make old skool music,...[/quote]
When i say "old skool"...i don't mean the same kinda 80's styled stuff. When i say "old skool", i'm talking about the quality it of the music and the mindstate behind it. I'm talking about good, repsectful lyrics, putting on a show with energy, preaching postivity and strength and having a good time. I don't mean dated music, i mean music that's actually good.

[quote=MooseKnuckles,Mar 22 2004, 04:19 PM]its the same thing as school of rock...except with rap...i dont get it[/quote]
That's the point....it's a Hip-Hop version of the movie. Of course with Will in it, i'm sure it would be kinda different.