JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay-Z comes back!?

Frenetic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait I thought Jay said he was gonna ignore Cam? I thought Jay was staying away from beef now he wants to beef again?

Edited by bigted

Well Actually, he didn't relaly mean a sure comeback. a .45 is a gun too. Word Play.

yes but it still use's the words WHEN i come back like jordan.

Wait I thought Jay said he was gonna ignore Cam? I thought Jay was staying away from beef now he wants to beef again?

What are u talking about?

Well some people in this thread are saying stuff about how they expect Jay to go after Cam now that he's coming back and I was basically questioning why they think that...

I really hope not. he himself said he won't do it.

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_di...t_id=1002034298

Jay-Z Chats With Fans About Music, Def Jam

February 16, 2006, 3:45 PM ET

Clover Hope, N.Y.

Def Jam president Jay-Z took time out of his busy schedule to address fan inquiries about a variety of subjects during a live chat yesterday (Feb. 15) on the Roc-A-Fella Web site.

As previously reported, Jay-Z officially welcomed one-time rival Nas to the Def Jam roster in January, two months after the pair ended their longtime feud. Though he didn't offer up specific details on Nas' new offering, Jay-Z remarked, "We start working on his album soon."

As for the status of his rumored album in the works, the artist-turned-label head simply stated, "I don't know this time about doing a new album, although I'm itching to do one. We'll see."

Explaining the genesis of the Roots signing to Def Jam Left, he related, "I've always had a friendship with Ahmir . We've done a lot of work -- 'Unplugged,' different concerts. I just felt that he was the one to lead that whole Def Jam movement. He led the movement that was considered to be neo-soul. I hate that word but you know what I mean."

The Roots' label debut, "Game Theory," is due in September.

Jay-Z also addressed a litany of other topics, including:

New Def Jam signings: "We just signed Rick Ross and Slip-n-Slide ."

Foxy Brown: "She just had an operation out in L.A. and hopefully within the next couple of weeks her hearing will slowly start to come back."

The death of Slum Village rapper/producer Jay Dee: "I didn't know him personally. I was a fan of his work from afar. I was talking to Ahmir from the Roots the other day about him and he told me he was the producers' producers' producer and they had made a song dedicated to him before he passed and we're gonna put that out in honor of him."

The status of Beanie Sigel: "We're working out a situation where Beans can do his own label but right now he's still signed to Roc-A-Fella."

Ne-Yo: "We're excited about Ne-Yo. We're about to have the number one single in the country with 'So Sick' and could possibly have the number one album when it comes out."

Memphis Bleek: "Bleek is doing a clothing line and possible movie."

Rumors that rapper Freeway may align with G-Unit: "Him and 50 spoke and talked about doing some work together but he is on Roc-A-Fella."

Cam'ron's "dis" record: "I think it's obvious he is just doing this for attention. I think he's killing himself so I don't feel a need to do anything at this time."

Movies: "I had a couple meetings about doing a whole Roc Films division that went great."

The status of his autobiography, "The Black Book": "I'm having anxiety about reading it so at this time I can't put it out."

FULL INTERVIEW HERE: http://www.rocafella.com/News.aspx?item=101360§ionid=137

Slip-N-Slide Is Trick Daddy's crew that consists of mostly Florida rappers, I'm not quite sure about Rick Ross though...

Edited by bigted

I know this is a joke to say he was retired, his last remix came out a minute ago it seems, he just won a Grammy the other day and performed there too, he didn't give us enough time for us to miss him, now we've been missing the Fugees though, that's the comeback I'm looking forward to the most... I just hope that he don't push everyone else's album back on Def Jam to release his, I'll be mad if he releases his album before Redman which has been delayed forever it seems...

Yeah that's the truth...I saw The Fugees live in december last year that's was great...I think Jays album is going to be called The Dynasty vol.2 and Dre is comin' out with his new album Detox soon to he's allready realesed a song called The Chronic 2006 with Nate and Snoop :word: