Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Grammys 2006 U2 gets 5 Grammys

Jin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... No one "lost big."

Well 50 Cent and Eminem "lost big" but they're nobodys anyway, lol, it's nice to know that high quality talent prevailed in the winners, seriously that was a waste of nominations... :paperbag:

This has nothing to do with 50 or Eminem. The underscore of this thread was that Kanye West and Mariah lost big. They both did fairly well. The 50 and Eminem demagoguery is starting to get old guys.

I'm just happy that the Grammies wasn't a popularity contest this time where the lesser talented artists would win, it shows that marketing schemes might get high sales but that don't guarantee a lot of awards, this takes away some dissapointment I had for Will not getting nominated, he still got an AMA though this year that 90% of those who outsold him didn't get so that makes up for it too, a lot of those Mike Jones, Ying Yang Twins, Ludacris', 50 Cents, etc. didn't win any awards over the last year even though they sold millions....

Edited by bigted

Well yes it's about the music, not the Grammies, it ain't the commitee's fault either 'cause they have to include a few popular artists to the nominations just so they could get high ratings, even though a lot of those albums got low ratings from critics, but the best songs these days are the ones that rarely get played on the radio, now if quality albums starting selling millions again it'd be an easier job for them, it's nice to know that Stevie Wonder got 2 Grammies even though his album failed to go gold.... I'd rather see Kelly Clarkson winning instead of that lip-synching Ashlee Simpson too, it's nice to know a lot of that watered down teenybopper crap didn't win much compared to recent years...

Edited by bigted

I edited the title since Kanye and Mariah won 3, they didn't lose in a big way, it's fair that they won that amount, I don't what they did was so groundbreaking that they deserved to win all of them, it was a fair balance, btw I felt it was kinda strange to see Jay-Z performing with Paul Mccartney, my mama's a huge Beatles fan, lol...

This was the first time a saw the grammies. And all i gotta say is TO HELL WITH COMMERCIALS!

in sweden they got commercials every fifteen minutes. Not evey 5 like the grammies. That sh*t was irritating.

Highlights:

- Jay,Paul & Linkin performance.

- Kanye & Foxx (come on, don't hate, that was an insane show)

- U2 getting shine. They deserved it.

- Kanye thanking U2 for bringing him on tour.

- Bono saying it's Kanye's time next year.

- 50 Cent not winning anything.

- John Legend winning some sh*t.

Can we say U2 are the kings of Music? Basically one of the GOATs in music? Impressing that they stay on top for so long.

Right now:

U2 - King of Music

Mariah - Queen of Pop/RnB

Mary J Blige - Queen of Hiphop / RnB

Kanye - King of Hiphop.

Kanye - King of Hiphop.

:mygod: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

thanx tho i really needed a good laugh

Funny? No.

AT THIS POINT he his in talks of sales, critical appeal and awards.

All time of course not.