JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Can any body put online the Performance of Tell my why or other?

Fresh Son

There is a long list of copyright infractions a person would be guilty of if they made the video available to the public. Also, it would be exceptionally grimey for that to be done from this site...

That being said, you can buy the concert DVD from any of the following links. It's definitely worth the buy.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E15RH...8-0194250?n=130

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?...3A4096%3A186381

http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shoppin...-40409%3A933072

I look at it this way. FP hasn't done music 4 the money since the early 90's. He obviously isn't happy with what Interscope has done with the album post-Switch. I think it's a great idea 2 put the video out there. After all, u could only get this performance when u got Hitch at Wal-Mart. It isn't exactly something u can just buy off the shelves.

I think someone should make a video clip 4 it and we should promote with it. Mary J. Blige fan sites, Hip-Hop sites. What have we got 2 lose??

Know what someone should do?

Take the performance video, and mute it, then layer the album version of the song over it...Then put that on the site to promote the album.

That's be hard because the performance isn't exactly the same as the album version, Mary sings slightly differently, I reckon it would be impossible to synch it over the whole song, it was hard enough doing it for like 20 seconds in my video lol

Usually that's what i would say....BUT...here's my reasoning why 2 put it out there.

*It isn't commerically released (just as a bonus w/ Hitch when it 1st dropped). U can't exactly just go out and buy this. Besides, the people who would be seeing it are people who probably wouldn't actually be checking 4 it.

*There is no video or single for "Tell Me Why" or anything else on Lost + Found. This is the only way AND last chance 2 properly promote L+F by avoiding making low budget videos and stuff like that. L+F will be dead without putting this out.

*It is one of the best songs he's EVER done. Why not use it 2 promote his album while it's current and new. After all, it waz supposed 2 be a single in the 1st place.

*It has a message the world needs 2 hear.

*FP has a passion 4 the song

*Mary J. Blige's career is blazing. MJB fans would be checking it, supporting it, and promoting it themselves once they came across it.

*Even most of the haters would be feeling this.

I think it's make or break time for Lost + Found. "Tell Me Why" is the only way out and we are the only people who are gonna promote the album. We have nothing 2 lose and a decent chance of making SOME kinda impact.

I think it's make or break time for Lost + Found.

Mhhh... make or break time for Lost and Found was July last year.

Also, there are a myriad of websites someone can now order the concert DVD from. If Will is as passionate about it as some of us are, I'm sure he'll figure out a way to get the video released. I personally thought that he should release the concert footage as the official music video, and if it did well, it could convince Interscope to release the track as a single.

Perhaps we should be milking switch...

I think it's make or break time for Lost + Found.

Mhhh... make or break time for Lost and Found was July last year.

Also, there are a myriad of websites someone can now order the concert DVD from. If Will is as passionate about it as some of us are, I'm sure he'll figure out a way to get the video released. I personally thought that he should release the concert footage as the official music video, and if it did well, it could convince Interscope to release the track as a single.

Perhaps we should be milking switch...

:word:

Milking switch was THE best thing for lost and found, that song was huge and sold those albums. Lets face it after switch, interscope wasnt interested anymore, im glad we milked switch, every single last drop. It would have been nicer for them to have let switch go and then actually promote ps and tmw, but they didnt, so we got the best we possible could have with 1 single.

Long live switch!

Edited by MaxFly

Who cares about "Switch" anymore? If i waz someone visiting Hip-Hop, R-N-B, or MJB sites online and somebody posted something like "Check out this new Will Smith and Mary J. Blige video!!"...i would check it out. If someone said something about "Switch," i'd be like "isn't that song old? If i had a fast enough computer, i'd do this myself. But i guess i'm gonna have to count on someone else who agrees with me 2 put it together and than hope that y'all are ready 2 street team it.

If someone dose put this performance online, don't forget to put the information like "Will Smith feat. Mary J. Blige - Tell Me Why - Off the Will Smith album Lost + Found." Putting a pic of the album cover at the end would be great...with the line "Also featuring "Party Starter" and the smash hit "Switch." "Guest appearances by Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Elephant Man, DJ Jazzy Jeff, and Robin Thicke" would be a nice added touch.