JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Gunfire Erupts At Busta Rhymes' Video Shoot

bigted

Daily Hip-Hop News:

Breaking News: Gunfire Erupts At Busta Rhymes Video Shoot, One Man Dead

Sunday - February 5, 2006 by Rich Rock SOHH.com has learned that gunfire erupted on the set of a Busta Rhymes video shoot early this morning in the Greenpoint section of Brooklyn, NY, leaving one mad dead on the sidewalk.

One man, a bodyguard who worked for the studio, is dead. The shootout took place shortly after midnight this morning outside of the Kiss The Cactus Production studio in Brooklyn where over 200 people were on the scene for the Busta video shoot. Fourteen shots were fired from what is believed to have been an AK-47 assault rifle killing one and leaving a nearby Dodge Durango SUV riddled with five bullets.

The police found the 30-year-old hispanic bodyguard dead on the sidewalk in front of the production studio with one gunshot to the chest. It is unclear whether the shooting had any direct relations to Busta. Police are examining the video from nearby cameras to find more information.

This is not the first shooting close call for Busta Rhymes. On February 21, 2003, Busta's SUV was riddled with bullets as it sat parked outside the Violator Records/Management offices in the Chelsea area of Manhattan. Busta and a company executive went into the Violator offices at about 10pm that night and came out eighteen minutes later to find the vehicle shot up on the passenger side. Thankfully, no one was in the car.

SOHH.com will have more on this story as it develops.

I mean like careful in like hiring more bodyguards and watch 4 ppl that look shady. I never heard of busta having ties with gangstas. It probably is just sum guy or maybe ppl that are out 2 get him 4 sum reason.

That's awful. Busta is one of my favorite emcees...but i think he makes himself 2 touchable. He needs 2 sit back and look at his friends and their actions. He's a good guy on the top of his game and in a great position 2 represent true Hip-Hop 2 those who know nothing about it. My prayers go out 2 the family of the victim.

Guest VAsFinestRenagade

everyone does love him but i dont love Slick Rick personally i think he sux he has tight beats jus cant rap to me i show respet to both of them but thy Busta Bust is like the hottest rapper

i would love to hear will freestyle to the "touch it" beat, that track's crazy!! busta's album comes out next week too, i can't wait to check for that.... it's an unfortunate situation that happened at his video shoot, he's a positive brother, he don't get down with that gangsta crap...

Edited by bigted