JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Mary J open up your schedule for Will

dkny2kx

"We actually recorded it three and a half years ago," he said. "But it's just something that is in my heart. I just love that song. I feel really confident about it and I am waiting for me and Mary's schedules to open up to be able to shoot [the video]."

I'm sure everyone has read this quote.

It's rediculous that FP is just letting things go the way they are. Maybe if he's really stand up and fight 4 what he wants...he'd get his way. He's never really fought his record lables...which is why "Men In Black" and "Wild Wild West" were on his solo albums. Born To Reign and Lost + Found both faded in oblivion months after their release. He has the passion 4 it...and he is easily putting out better music that nearly everyone else in Hip-Hop and Rap...so why does he always just sit back and let things happen this way. "Tell Me Why" isn't about fame or record sales...it's about what the world needs 2 hear. But instead we are hearing crap like "Laffy Taffy" and "Grillz." I understand how the music business is shady...but come on.

It's rediculous that FP is just letting things go the way they are. Maybe if he's really stand up and fight 4 what he wants...he'd get his way. He's never really fought his record lables...which is why "Men In Black" and "Wild Wild West" were on his solo albums. Born To Reign and Lost + Found both faded in oblivion months after their release. He has the passion 4 it...and he is easily putting out better music that nearly everyone else in Hip-Hop and Rap...so why does he always just sit back and let things happen this way. "Tell Me Why" isn't about fame or record sales...it's about what the world needs 2 hear. But instead we are hearing crap like "Laffy Taffy" and "Grillz." I understand how the music business is shady...but come on.

:iagree:

You are soo right... Will Smith has definitely got to step up his game

• Admin

Interscope is in control of the release of Will's music. Interscope won't release a third single. All I can see that Will can do is do a video for Tell Me Why So Fresh style, he can't actually release the song to radio by himself.

There are propably a few contractual issues, but perhaps he could release the concert version as the "music video." It's been done repeatedly of late. John Legend has the concert version of "So High" out in addition to the original music video and Alicia Keyes has the concert version of "Unbreakable" out in addition to her original music video. In this case, Will would only have the concert version, but it would be better than nothing. His people may have to renegotiate Mary J's pay since the video would be released, and go from there.

They should have released tell me why as the second single instead of party starter, i bet that was interscopes idea.

Our only hope is that Will does go so fresh and does it himself. Then hope the video gets enough recognition to give interscope a big slap in the face and release it.

i dont know about the rest of you, but this song not getting released is the biggest dissapointment ive had in Wills career.

Well Will started recording his next album, it's too late now... Let's just stop talking about when it'll come out 'cause it ain't happenin', face it... :paperbag:

Edited by bigted