JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

U ever been in an uncofortable situation like...

Wild Child

well, it all started yesterday when i went to my english class..We are talking about racism and stuff like that

so when i stepped in the class yesterday, we started talkin about Martin Lurther, and all them guys who made the way 4 African Americans..so I brought up Rosa parks, and my teacher was like, she just died a while ago then she started sayin sorry to me like i just lost a family member..and today we were talkin aobut all differnt kinda things, and damn you shoulda heard her say the Word "nigga" the way she was givin out examples i didnt like that and especially when i'm like the only black guy in class and everybody keep lookin at me, damn i was so unconfortable but i dont think many of y'all would know how i feel like,..I just wanted to share this wit y'all there's more to the story but i'm gonna made it short..

holla if you wanna..

peace

Well i never been in a situation like that cause im not a black man..kinda brown but not black..anyway i only can tell u "Sh*t happens" hope u get this message :2thumbs:

I think because of the subject that is being talked about, they look to you for your opinion on things it's natural to get the opinion of a black person when talking about their history, it's uncomfortable because you are on your own in the class i don't think they are looking at you for any other reason than that

I can't imagine. That's kinda of thin line topic. She probably should have prepared her lesson or whatever a bit differently. I would've just bowed my head in shame and disappointment for her slangin' the word the way she used it. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the stuff she was sayin about African Americans in history was unclear and she didn't have her facts straight.

Man, that made me uncomfortable just reading it...and i'm white. I think i would have flipped it, stood up, and gave a real lesson on the topic. Maybe u should brush up on the history and do a lesson all by yourself. I think that would help the teacher know how 2 approach the subject matter better next time around. Probably wouldn't hurt your grade either.

I agree with James that your classmates probably only looked at you to guage your reaction to the teacher. I think that teach's might have a screw loose.

yea man, that's exactly what 2 of my friends were telling me..She's actually my favorite teacher too, i dont know what was goin on in her head..first she was like i'm unconfortable sayin that word..meaning the N word, and yesterday it was a whole differnt story alotta peoplle were talkin about it..damn i never wanted to be in class at the time but i just wanted to know where the whole thing was going, But i still respect her.