JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to attend "Roots' Third Annual Jam Session"

bigted

The Roots Host Third Annual Jam Session

By Kye Stephenson

Date: 2/1/2006 4:30 pm

The Roots will host their Third Annual Jam Session and the crew is encouraging vocalists, musicians, and aspiring artists to take part in the five-hour session Feb. 7 at Key Club in West Hollywood, CA.

This year's gathering will be hosted by Roots frontman Black Thought, comedian Dave Chappelle, and actor Don Cheadle. The invitation-only event is presented by Dave Chappelle's Block Party in association with Live for Darfur.

“Most industry parties are a little too stuffy and are limited to performances by one or two artists,” says Roots founder and drummer Ahmir "?uestlove" Thompson. “We created this event in order to put the focus back on the music and give major artists as well as new talent a chance to take part in a business and musical exchange.”

The anticipated guest list includes Jay-Z, Common, Will Smith, Mos Def, Will.I.Am, Talib Kweli and Kanye West, among others. As with last year's session, the event will be produced by Okayplayer.com, Goodtime Girl Productions and Keldof Productions.

Live for Darfur, co-chaired by Don Cheadle and Djimon Hounsou, is a worldwide campaign that rallies high-profile artists to help raise awareness of the crisis in Darfur, Africa. More information is available at www.savedarfur.org.

That sounds dope. I like the fact that FP is getting more involved with The Roots. It's good 2 know he's staying busy in music even tho' Lost + Found isn't doing much.

:word:

i got an okayplayer shrit for my birthday...but none of my friends know what it is so their natural reaction to to yell "okay player!"

The roots Jam sessions before the grammy's are insane. A friend of mine went once and said it wuz an experience of a lifetime. IVe had the opportunity to see the roots live twice now and have to say that the thought of will onstage with kamal, BT, ?uestlove and Kamall would be off da hook!!!!!