JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

How "How The Beat Goes" should have been released as a single and...

Tell Me Why & Lost+Found should be released as singles!

Edited by markwinfield1

I'm wit u!! "How Da Beat Goes" waz a sure-fire hit. It covers all the things FP waz about at the time...not 2 mention being a great song that deserved a bright summery music video. Born To Reign would have easily went platnium with that as the 1st single.

I also agree that "Tell Me Why" and "Lost + Found" should be singles. Lyrically they are flawless and the production is perfect 4 the subject matter on each song.

Yeah! "How Da Beat Goes" is an awsome track that would have made a great single. I do agree that Tell Me Why and Lost and Found should be made into singles. Especially Lost and Found cos of well that lil mutt said. Tell Me Why is just a powerful song and the vocals of Mary J Blige great.

Will's gonna have to start fighting A&R's!! :bat:

The timing of the release of "Born To Reign" is what did it in the most, it was release in between promoting "MIBII" and filming "Bad Boys II", there was no time whatsoever to promote it, at least Will did some performances during the release of "Lost and Found"...

Yeah, this is probably the best song from the album....but the best songs never seem to get released. It happened with Willennium, "Afro Angel ", "The Rain" or "Potnas" would have been perfect selections, this should have been released from B2R, but we got a movie song and a pourly promoted track that would of made an impression if it had been heard, but it wasnt. And now its also happening with Lost & Found. "Party Starter" & "Switch" are probably 2 of less heartfelt tracks, judging by L&F standards, yet they are the two that get released, and song like "Tell Me Why", "Lost & Found" and "Pump Ya Brakes" dont get the chance they deserve. :thumbdown:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wit u!! "How Da Beat Goes" waz a sure-fire hit. It covers all the things FP waz about at the time...not 2 mention being a great song that deserved a bright summery music video. Born To Reign would have easily went platnium with that as the 1st single.

I also agree that "Tell Me Why" and "Lost + Found" should be singles. Lyrically they are flawless and the production is perfect 4 the subject matter on each song.

:word:

"How the beat Goes" would have been a great single, just imagine being on the beach listing to the radio with a drink in one hand and the girlfriend in the other hand and then the speaker in the radio says: "what a great day this is, it is hot and now we shall listing to the brand new Will Smith track 'How the beat goes'... so just lean back and enjoy this great track".

What a mean with this in short words is I would have loved if "How the beat Goes" had been released as an single... but that didn't happen :thumbdown:

Edited by Jonasdk