JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Michael Jordan and his wife?

willandjada

yea they are working it out, and I'm glad they did, because I think shes a wonderful woman. She does alot for charitable causes and work in the community...and I admire her for that as a celebrity wife...

thats really brave of her to stick by his side like that...

peace,

cookie

Michael admitted to an affair sometime in 2002. She filed for divorced but they worked it out. The woman that Michael cheated on his wife with was not all that cute to me. I think he has a beautiful wife.

He was very remorseful about the affair and has since kept out of trouble.

Infidelity happens and some people can forgive and move past that. I am not one of those people.

What's funny is that the media protected and still protects Jordan quite a bit, largely because of his GOAT status. This is why you won't hear too much about infidelity or any bad behavior whatsoever on Jordan's part. For example, it's not too well known that though Jordan was a consummate winner, he wasn't the best of teammates. You'd think everyone liked Jordan, but it was more respect than fondness.

I can't help but imagine that if Jordan had played out his career in today's spotlight, he wouldn't have come off as squeaky clean as he did back then. Today's media is prolific as well as pervasive as evidenced by the less than flattering treatment he received from the media in DC. Most people won't hear the stories about Jordan attacking teammates in practice, berating them, or trying to get some traded behind the scenes.

You'll hear a lot of the retired players talking about how these young guys have no respect for the game, and how they're destroying the image of the NBA. It may be true that the hip hop and the doo rags aren't necessarily helping the cause, but I really think that most of it has to do with the stories that are coming out about players. The Kobes, Garnetts, Kidds and Iversons of the league aren't necessarily worse than the Jordans, Oakleys, Barkleys, and Rodmans of the previous era; it's just that they're talked about more.

Infidelity happens and some people can forgive and move past that. I am not one of those people.

Im like u TopDawg14. I'm much older, and have tried that 'forgive' and moving on to work it out thing. But THAT junk aint worth a cRap! Some brothas just dont care... & got that messed up mentality, "ooooh ok,... so i got away with it. YEA! lets see how much further I can go". Once a cheater, ALWAYS gonna be a cheater... leopards DONT change colours overnight... EVER if im not mistaken..

Now...if a woman concurs with her man having mulitple potnas..well go right ahead ON sista,.. Thats THEIR thang...mos def not myne. Thats exactly why I wind up getting a divorce, because it was a heart drenching situation that turned violent... so NO!

I will forgive him, and be just as loving as I always am... so don't get me wrong. But, pack ya BAGS while Im forgivin yo tail. I'll even console you, and let you know its ok if u cry while crawlin ya tail all over the house... look. u dropped a SOCK!!! ... hey now!...

BUT. since I wont be out there like that,.. I MOS def will NOt have another woman all up on my lollipop... :word: cuz my fightin days are over... get 2 steppiN.. P E A C E... c ya.... lol.

(sorry 2 u young readers). haha kind went back down memory lane there...

Good points MaxFly...

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

I know that may sound real harsh, and I apologize, because Im truly a real 4giving person. A little 2 forgiving, until I learned the hard way, and COZ (& his wife) knows what I'm talkin bout. He's taught me alot, and I've grown from the experience of having dealt with cheater(s) in my life and its very painful... Thats what has gotten my heart broken, .. cheaters take advantage of these situation . but after so many 'forgivings' it blocks a person's blessing of someone wanting that monogomous relationship with u ...

Its really not healthy for a woman (or man) to put up with a behaviour that you don't value, or not the morale character you're willing 2 accept in your partner. I was completely honest about being forgiving while the man may be crying & on his knees asking for 4giveness,.. I can 4give u baby, its in my heart, but it doesnt mean, "lets try AGAIN." no. . It dont work like that anymore... so I wish u the best...

some chiks fight over men, but Im too old 4 that kind of behaviour. If he doesn't have enough respect for me, than to 'be out there' swingin tha goodies like Santa "so FREELY" does in a Christmas Parade,... then I dont need or want him,... no diseases, AIDS, telling me he loves me, but was just 'loving' another woman... ugh. What kind of love is that? he's got 2 APPRECIATE what he has at home when he's got it, NOT after its too late... If Im woman enough to bring it 2 u strait up, AND 4give u after u cheated, why cant u be a man and move on after u got 'found out'? We are no longer an 'us', so accept it...

sorry if i affended anyone, it was late, and I go overboard from tyme 2 tyme with these touchy subject .

:stars:

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

Lol, no Cookies, I completly understand, and you're totally right...

Lol, I was just laughing at the "lollipop" comment.

yea i know. I just shouldn't have put out that kind of energy like that ...:paperbag: Hey... At least I'm honest abt it...

Immature minds don't quite grasp the reality of 'fulfilling' relationships.. .

peace,

cookie

Max,

You made some excellent points. When MJ met his wife, she got pregnant before he married her and the press found out about it. They kept it under wraps and never talked about until much, much later.

It's also true that Jordan was a bit of a tyrant as a teammate. Horace Grant did an interview several years ago and said if you don't have the stomach and the fortitude to deal with Jordan, then he'll run you out of the league. Jordan was very hard on a lot of his teammates because his will to win was so great. He figured that everyone should have the will to win like him and it made for some tense situations.

He used to get in Bill Cartwright's face a lot until Bill pulled Michael aside after practice one day and threatened to break both of Michael's legs if Michael got in his face again. Michael also decked Steve Kerr in the eye during practice.

3Cookies,

I'm like you. I'm very big on committment and infidelity is a deal-breaker for me. I've been cheated on and it's heartbreaking. I'm at that age now(I'll be 31 in May) where I don't have time for the foolishness and the bull****. I don't have time for immature women and women who don't know what they want.

Max,

3Cookies,

I'm like you. I'm very big on committment and infidelity is a deal-breaker for me. I've been cheated on and it's heartbreaking. I'm at that age now(I'll be 31 in May) where I don't have time for the foolishness and the bull****. I don't have time for immature women and women who don't know what they want.

:word:

I feel ya brU... couldn't have said it any better myself... at least your 'thought' process gives that ounce of hope & confirmation in my heart...that there ARE good men around SOME where... u gone be alright, imma be aiight... MJ and his wife's gonna be alright... differnt strokes 4 different folKs...

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies