JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Newer Rappers With Potencial?

Turntable

I don't think any new rappers have a chance at getting any respect from real Hip-Hop fans. These cats like Julz Santana just don't it...period. Listen 2 Lost + Found or Who Is Kel Spencer....they just don't have anything on that.

Yeah you really can't be tired of real hiphop but you can be tired of commercial rap, hiphop won't ever die but I think commercial rap will die unless something groundbreaking happens soons, FP and LL can't carry it forever, somebody new needs to come along and take the game to the next level, you see those who are topping the charts should be setting the standard artistically but they just ain't, they're too busy dissin' each other over who's the richest rapper alive, it's just all about getting money instead of saving the art, there's no leadership, "Lost and Found" could've been something that would've changed the game but it wasn't properly supported, FP's the perfect example of a hip-hop leader, if he were selling 5 million right now a lot of great things would be happening now 'cause it'd take him a lot of hard work to get there which would inspire up and coming rappers but look who got there through hype and you see why there's so much crap, people look at them commercial cats selling millions and being all arrogant, crying over awards and all that stupid crap and so a lot of the younger rappers like Bow Wow consider them real for doing that so they try to do the same and they diss the real mcs like FP that've been putting it down before all these clowns had a record deal, there's no respect for the pioneers and that's the problem too, that's why commercial rap is the way it is, I could applaud Juelz Santana for putting Rakim in his video, I don't see many of the younger rappers showing love to those who paved the way when they get on top.... I just don't see that hunger on the commercial rap scene anymore, there's just a bunch of copy cat rappers who just rap about gettin' the money, well I ain't gonna go broke buying into those gimmicks, lol, I got bills to pay myself, these wack rappers ain't gonna pay my rent so I ain't gonna support them if they put out crap, lol...

Edited by bigted

I just don't see that hunger on the commercial rap scene anymore

Thats not totally true. For example, Caddlicah Tah, Reemy Ma, Aasim and Jody Breeze, you realy can feel theyr hunger. Some people just have to give them a chance..

It`s not like back in tha day everyone was hungry and great in the commercial Rap scene. Come on, there wher also more wack than good ones back then, just like now. There is a reason only a few are still in the game or are still remembered..

Well they ain't really that commercial, I'm talking about a most of those sellin' millions and are constantly in rotation on MTV, I don't even feel like mentioning their names 'cause they get discussed so much, lol, all I wanna say is I ain't really feelin' them and I'm gonna leave it at that, I'm not trying to knock anyone who listens to them though, that's their choice but I'm bored with it...

Well they ain't really that commercial, I'm talking about a most of those sellin' millions and are constantly in rotation on MTV, I don't even feel like mentioning their names 'cause they get discussed so much, lol, all I wanna say is I ain't really feelin' them and I'm gonna leave it at that, I'm not trying to knock anyone who listens to them though, that's their choice but I'm bored with it...

Yeah, ok now I get it.