JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

what if we released tell me why ourselves?

Hero1

Well the advantage i got is Will Smith isn't known here, songs like Party Starter where listened by a few guys at school, they really liked it...in the radios hopefully will be huge!...Tell Me Why will touch the heart of everybody!...L&F will inspirate the young Hip-Hop artists, etc, etc...n switch will be in the discos.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're able to get "Lost and Found" to go double platinum through the internet, I'll be taking notes so I could do the same thing when I drop a mixtape! :kekeke:

I say we start our attack on MONDAY! This whole Bow Wow diss is blowin up so i say we go to all the places people are discussin it..post "tell me why" and say can bow wow make a song like this? we gotta go to all the mary j blige sites and forums too.. if you know somewhere we can promote the song put a link in this post.. we also need somewhere to post the actual track i dont think i could handle the bandwidth at this stage..can any1 here step in and host the track?

so you want to post that track on several boards and further compare Will to a child? ppl will laugh and make fun of us, cause everybody knows that bow wow is a lil gimmick. that whole bow wow stuff is so uninteresting and boring, its not even worth mentioning, and i guess that you all know that. a lot of ppl heard that album and the "word of mouth" thing is already done and has reached as many ppl as it could. dont look for miracles, cause tell me why wont get out. and if Will would be interested in bringing out that track, he'd definately done it yet. and dont start talking about motivating him, the american music award should have been the motivation he needed, but it all ended up. so just leave it. that track is really one of the best he's done, but the time is over. look how party starter got out. it was way too late and it didnt do well in the charts. the vid was even really good and now you're trying to bring out a ridiculous vid which is nothing more than a slideshow? L&F is a classic album, just like Codered and we should leave it that way, maybe its better to have it like this. we should stop trying to milk L&F... :word:

i'm just trying to be realistic.

Is it too late to milk "Code Red" and "Willenium"? :lolsign: Seriously the album's a year old now, people wanna hear new stuff now, let's hope Will releases a new album...

Edited by bigted

it's too early to give up!..that's the reason why Code Red n Willennium werent so sucessful as we expected...one year pass n we give up!...at least this month let's put sum pressure!

Nobody likes Bow Wow, comparing Will to Bow Wow could hurt Will, we shouldn't compare Will to anybody like that, let the music speak for itself, there's nobody like Will, he's a classic artist that'll still get praise even when he stops dropping albums but as soon as Bow Wow stops dropping, he won't get praised, it's not like he does now either, only lil' kids listen to him, when the kids grow up they'll be ashamed to admit they used to rock to Bow Wow just like most of the kids who listened to Vanilla Ice when they were growing up, Bow Wow's disposable pop just like 50 Cent and everybody on the radio, Will's a hip-hop artist that stands the test of time, Bow Wow's career will be forgotten when FPOBA is still shown on TV and peeps still rock to JJFP...

I think the people who bought the album'll spread the word themselves, look how it's about to go platinum, nodody here thought it was possible after "Party Starter" flopped but word of mouth has carried this album, maybe 10 years from now it'll be double platinum, it took 10 years for "Illmatic" to go from gold to platinum and "Lost and Found" is the "Illmatic" of the decade in hip-hop, you see the hip-hop media's starting opening up and give Will more love than they ever had before, real fans won't stop buying it, i don't think we have to go out of our way for them to get it either, trashing other people's boards might convince them not to buy it, just post on forums you're registered to already and mention the album once in a while, they'll buy it on their own, you can't force it on people, the site's great already the way it is too, people coming here get a good idea of what Will's really about when they look at the articles and stuff that they'll wanna buy the albums after reading it... btw, Has everyone wrote reviews for "Lost and Found" over at amazon.com? Even if you don't buy anything from there you could write under a "Kid's Review" like I did and put if you like this get "Code Red" and "Willenium" too, I actually need to do a review for some JJFP/Big Will albums still but I did reviews for most of them there, I really like Big Willie's review for "Lost and Found", I think that's a convincing review if you post it ther man, don't sleep on that... If there's another good place where a lot of people buy albums let me know with a link and I'll copy and paste my review over there....

Edited by bigted

Here's the quick link to post a review for "Lost and Found" at amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007QS4I...v=glance&n=5174

A link to post for "Willenium":

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000031XC...v=glance&n=5174

A link to post for "Code Red"(I need to review there still myself, it only has 10 reviews):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000004Z...v=glance&n=5174

A link to post for "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper"(only has 19 reviews, there's people than that on this board, damn, lol):http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000004UK/ref=pd_sim_m_2/103-4701885-3362213?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=5174

What's wrong with the beat? It's very dramatic and perfect for the tone of the song... How could the Mary fans not like it? They must be the bandwagon fans, I can't imagine the hardcore Mary fans not feelin' it, it's vintage soul!!! I don't really feel Mary's new album that much either, I don't see the big hype over it selling 1.2 million, probably just the new fans would like it, her earlier stuff's much better even though it was less popular, I've been listening to Mary for over a decade...

Edited by bigted

• Members

Everyone just go to random music sites, mention the song and post the linke mentioned earlier. This one:

http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd2/10032/...ary_j_blige.mp3

NOTE: We might want to keep the quality of the mp3 low (60kbs) so people have a reason to buy it and not just download it.

Here are some sites with message boards:

www.sohh.com

www.ughh.com

www.allhiphop.com

www.hiphopsite.com

www.daveyd.com

www.mtv.com

http://board.raptalk.net/index.php?

fair enough those that dont think it will make any difference, just dont join in. There is nothing wrong with trying, what will we lose, nothing but our time, time we would probably spend harassing people on my space or something lol.

Even if we get a few people to get to hear this song, we have done a good job in my opinion.