JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Shaq Got Traded To The Miami Heat

bigted

What's up y'all I heard today that Shaq got traded to the Miami Heat and Michael Jordan's trying to own the Heat now. Are the Heat gonna win the NBA title next year now Shaq and Dwayne Wade are gonna be quite a duo? A lot remains to be seen until the season starts in November but it's not lookin' good for the rest of the Eastern Conference, except for the Pistons! :werd: As a Chicago Bull fan I'm hoping that they get a center that can play some defense like Dikembe Mutombo 'cause stoppin' Shaq is the goal! It's messed up though that more people talk about the Lakers than they do the Pistons, didn't the pistons just win the title? :dunno:

• Members
Hey Ted! Yeah, Its true, Shaq is in the Heat! I can't wait to get his jersey!!! So many blockbuster trades this summer... Shaq with the Heat, T-Mac with the Rockets, and much more to come! It's gonna be an interesting season... whole new ball game. Now wut u said bout the east being bad, I sort of disagree. Since the Bobcats are the new expansion team, the T-wolves will now be considered in the east, which means that there is not just the pistons that could turn out great. So yeah, I can't wait to see the upcoming trades!
Peace!

The T-Wolves are comin' to the East I didn't know that I thought with the Bobcats going East, the Hornets were going West and that was it with realignment. How is the East gettin' better other than Shaq, Carlos Boozer's going to the Jazz, Kenyon Martin's going to the Nuggets, but it's early still, there's supposed to be a big deal between the Bulls and Knicks with Jamal Crawford going to the Knicks and Dikembe Mutombo going to the Bulls which I hope happens since the Bulls have a lot of guards and not enough big men, they could use Mutombo, while it'd help the Knicks since they have too many big men and not enough guard besides Marbury.

• Members
Ur right bout the bulls! They need some help from a more experienced center... Mutumbo would do a great job... They also had a pretty good trade with the raptors during last season. I don't know about u but when JYD was in the T.O. we used to love his sportsmanship.
Anyways, back to the trades... I also heard that theres gonna be a bg three way trade between the mavs,the raptors and the knicks... and which should include Antoine Walker, Vince Carter and 2 players from the Knicks.
We will just have to wait and see...

I'm not a sports fan...so i don't care much. I wouldn't mind hearing a new album from him tho...ha ha. He's not all that on the mic, but he definitly offers and alternative 2 the trash. He has the same rhyme skills as some of the chart toppers...but his music dosen't make u feel like crap (or 100 times stupider) after hearing it.

Doesn't Will Smith have a home in Miami? Who knows maybe Shaq and Will might hang out and collaborate wit each other, they're both very funny guys! :roll: Sorry Bad Boys, I left the minute u were posting we'll chat soon man about hoops, we'll hav plenty of time b4 the season starts anyway, I think JYD is supposed to be in the trade too between the Bulls and Knicks, I hope not 'cause the Bulls need his energy, but if the Bulls add Mutombo in the mix, they'll have a better frontcourt, with Mutombo, A.Davis, and L.Deng, with Heinrich, and B.Gordan, they'll need some more experience off the bench as well by signing somebody like Kevin Willis, or even Dennis Rodman, since he still wants to play! :dancingcool: Edited by bigted

Looked at some pix!! Can't really see it [b]that [/b]much!! Actually..........maybe a little bit!! :nhawong:

[img]http://homepage.mac.com/daddysteve/.cv/daddysteve/Sites/.Pictures/Lakers%20Playoffs%202003/030511%20Lakers%206%20Horry%20SJG.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
Right let me get this straight. I don't know much about Basketball seeing as im from the UK, it isn't one of the biggest sports here.

Players don't get bought for cash, they get traded? Surely that means swopped for another player. So im guessing that Shaq being a good player and all was traded for someone on a similar level. Unless there is money involved.

Im a footy (Soccer) nutt and its foolish but some players get sold to other teams for upto £30 million which is probably around $50 million.

Shaq was traded to the Miami Heat for Brian Grant, Lamar Odom, and Caron Butler who went to the Lakers, they're good players, but not great players like Shaq is so the Lakers will be worse and the Heat will be better. The Lakers recently signed Vlade Divac from the Sacromento Kings recently to replace Shaq at the center position, but even when Vlade Divac was in his prime he never averaged close to 25-30 points a game like Shaq has been doing. Vlade Divac actually had some solid years with the Charlotte Hornets, but he's just an average center on the Western Conference, Brian Grant was the starting center with the Heat last year and played well but he won't be on the Lakers 'cause the western Conference is more physical now than the eastern conference is. Back in the '90s the Eastern Conference had more solid physical players like Patrick Ewing, Shaq, Alonzo Mourning, Dikembe Mutombo, Derrick Coleman, Charles Oakley, Dennis Rodman, Anthony Mason, etc., but now most of the physical players are in the Western Conference: Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Chris Webber, Dirk Niwitski, etc. Edited by bigted

• 2 weeks later...
Damn I'm happy about my Bulls now, there's no doubt about it that they're going to the playoffs in '05, they just traded Jamal Crawford to the Knicks to get one of the best defensive centers of all-time in Dikembe Mutombo! :werd: :hsnono: There's no doubt about it that Jamal Crawford is very young and talented, but Dikembe Mutombo still could play at least 3 more years of solid defense that a lot of guys in the league can't play so I think that the Bulls will do well with this deal, they also got Othella Harrington too in the trade, who's also a solid role player, if they play like a team sky's the limit, they could do what the Pistons did this year, and if Pippen decides to play next year, he could still provide quality minutes off the bench, since he can't play 30-40 minutes a game anymore with his injuries. Edited by bigted