JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Julie needs help and advice

Jazzy Julie

hey guys, when people need help everyone here seems to give good advice so i'd be grateful if anyone could help me in my situation. Im quite desperate. Its a long story, thats been going on for over a year so i'll cut it down.

basically i work with 2 other nurses, i'll change thier names to Jenny and Rachel. They both used to be best mates which never really bothered me. Jenny started to go out with my brother and bcoz she is evil she took every oppurtunity to annoy me with this and give me information a sister doesnt really need to know. Then last summer Jenny and Rachel had a fight over my brother, they managed to sort it so they can work together but they arnt friends anymore.

When me and Rachel started talking we realised that Jenny was telling lies about us to each other, just petty things like Julie hurt a dog the other day or Julie never cleans out kennels properly. We made a pact to tell each other when this happened and have got Jenny all worked out.

Heres where the problem starts. Recently my boss has been ignoring me, literally if i ask her a question she completely blanks me. Ive got into trouble for stuff that i havnt done or something which i dealt with but i know i didnt nothing wrong. So i suspected jenny has been telling my boss lies about me too. This was confirmed last week when Rachel heard Jenny tell my boss i said something bad which i said nothing of the sort.

I can cope with her telling lies about me coz i just waved them off, but now its affecting me. The past 2 months the boss didnt pay me for some of my hours and missed out about £100 worth of payment which i later got. I asked for 2 days off recently and i wasnt allowed either bcoz they clashed with jennys social life.

Im not sure what to do anymore, leaving isnt an option at the moment bcoz im close to being fully trained and i cant really leave my training practise. Im thinking about going to the boss about it, but Jenny is such a brown noser that she has the boss on her side and the boss doesnt like me much bcoz she thinks im someone im not. If your still reading well done lol.

Does anyone have any idea what i can do, im close to losing it with her.

That situation sucks... I would just tell it like it is to your boss, if you don't want to do it face 2 face then write a letter. Bosses can't just ignore their employees like that...

Ask for days off well in advance and if you ask before 'Jenny' and she gets it and you don't, then argue... stand up for yourself. I'm not saying you don't do this already because I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your boss.

Your boss completely blanks you? As in doesn't say anything at all? Screw it, if my boss did that to me I would follow them around unitl they answered, they have a responsibility to support you, but again I don't know what your relationship with her is...

Hope it works out all right...

I just wanted to note that I read it all, and I have no idea. How long do you have before you be fully trained?

im getting exam results on thursday ( i shouldn tell the whole world) , i dont think ive passed tho, i revised for 2 months but the exam was so hard. So its probably gonna be another 6 months for when the next exams are held.

Thanx for the advice jonny, it wasnt jennys day off tho when i asked, shes on a shift were u finish at 2pm, every1 loves this shift so it is annoying when some1 books time off in it but ive missed out on plently of those for other people.

My boss did blank me so i decided if they were going to ignore me i wasnt going to talk. i was quiet for like a week before they realised lol.

well that situation is horrible from my point of view..the only thing i can recommend u is ignore the bad mates...iono too much bout this work problems cause i havent got one yet ^^' anyway just keep doin a good work :2thumbs:

Edited by Luigie

If you need the job so bad, which i know u do, even though your boss think you are something that you aint,

I think you should just apologize for that anyways..Just let it all fly..I dont know about you, but that's exaclty what i'd do for something or some1 i love..

Well the boss doesnt really like rachel at the moment either but shes in a similar position to me bcoz jenny has been saying stuff about her that are lies too. bascially she does it to get in the boss' good books, she doesnt work hard she just puts other people down.

My brother doesnt speak to Rachel anymore, but hes still going out with jenny. he doesnt realise blood is thicker than water. hes wrapped around Jenny little finger and hes an idiot lol. I doubt he could sort jenny out, hes a wimp like that.

hes wrapped around Jenny little finger and hes an idiot lol. I doubt he could sort jenny out, hes a wimp like that.

If he's got msn I could give him some tips :lolsign:

Seriously though, I think you'll just have to hack it - don't stand up for any dodginess though.

Start making fun of her if you can, she might back off a bit - we know you got wit and are funny from your battle skills, you could take her!

You say that Rachel and you are in the same position...well then maybe you and rachel can talk to the boss together...I mean it's Jenny up against the two of you...I think if you sit down with your boss, explain the situation like you did to us, things will work out! But you and rachel have to go together! Just my idea!

my advice is ask Coz.. hes good at stuff like this

i totally agree with timboat on this one Julie, 4 real. In the mean tyme, you have got to address this issue, and proclaim your innocence so that you can work in peace. I couldn't keep up with the names, lol...but the friend that overheard the other telling your boss a lie on you... talk to her first. Let her know how this is affecting you, and ask her if she would talk with you and your boss. You can call a meeting at a time of convenience, which dont have nothing to do with 'jenny's social life...and the boss can't deny u of that.

Once u guys bring these things into the open, then have the boss call Jenny in to the meeting, to clean things up. Hopefully, your friend won't be afraid or intimidated in front of Jenny, and will come forth with the truth with everyone present. In the meantyme, Always write down things to keep a record of it. Write down the lies that were said, and also, write down the facts on what actually happened. The more witnesses you have, the better chance you will have of clearing up your name, and getting into good graces with your boss. let her know that you enjoy your work, and it means alot to work in a peaceful work environment, and you are asking for her help in getting this accomplished. If she's acting biased, without hearing you or your other friend out, then shes not much of a supervisor...

good luck, and Coz will most certainly give u sound advice, cuz hes given me much advice over the years..and i usually come back, and he says. "i told u so." haha...

peace,

cookie