JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL`s & J.Lo`s "Control Myself" inspired by Tone-Loc`s "Wild Thing"

Turntable

I just listend again to that new LL song "Control Myself". And I noticed that it has the same melody and the same type of rhyming like Tone-Loc`s "Wild Thing". "Control Myself" souns like like a remake or a remix form "Wild Thing" or something like that :stars:

Anyone noticed that too?

You mean you think LL's biting Tone-Loc? It does have an ol' school vibe to it, it's starting to grow on me on the few times I heard it on the radio, I haven't listen to "Wild Thing" in a while, I might wanna give that a listen too, that was a dope song, Hot 97 should play that when they do throwback hour, that's a slept on hip-hop classic...

Edited by bigted

I haven't heard this song yet...but i can't wait 2. Especially after u made this post.

same here

I figure that the lyrics are different but it's definately kind of a hype ol' school hip-hop track like that one, I wonder when the video's coming out...

btw, I was just browsing through mixtapes and notice that "Control Myself" is on JD's new mixtape, I'm not interested in getting it but it's good to know it's being promoted, it's one of the top selling mixtapes on that site:

http://www.mixtapekings.com/hiphop/djs/dj_...pe_volume_1.asp

Edited by bigted