JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Deserves an Oscar

soul_survivor

I think Will has done better than lots of actors that got oscars but still he hasn't got one. I really hop that Pursuit of Happiness gives him an Oscar :2thumbs: . Overall theres a lot of god actors that don't got an Oscar. If I could deside I would give Will at least an Oscar for his remarkable performance in Ali. Wich is his best movie according to me...if you disagree please reply or if you agree for that matter :2thumbs: :lolsign:

post-1107-1137844017_thumb.jpg

Edited by soul_survivor

I think Will has done better than lots of actors that got oscars but still he hasn't got one. I really hop that Pursuit of Happiness gives him an Oscar :2thumbs: . Overall theres a lot of god actors that don't got an Oscar. If I could deside I would give Will at least an Oscar for his remarkable performance in Ali. Wich is his best movie according to me...if you disagree please reply or if you agree for that matter :2thumbs: :lolsign:

Well, it won't be happening this year, but maybe next year after the POH release if it's a good film I hope he gets one... might give him more chance to focus on music... :davidblaine:

have to say that i totally agree.

I remember all of us, talking about his last Oscar nomination, and we had so much positive energy flyin around, and confidence in him getting one, I was so dissapointed when he didnt... but i know his day is coming... haha. and, i just hope he gets Jada a HUGE football helmet, cuz i know she's gonna be happy! haha

some of the newer fans may not understand what i mean by the helmet...well.

when he was nominated b4, she was jumpin around and tore that head up..! haha :lolsign: :lolsign:

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

have to say that i totally agree.

I remember all of us, talking about his last Oscar nomination, and we had so much positive energy flyin around, and confidence in him getting one, I was so dissapointed when he didnt... but i know his day is coming... haha. and, i just hope he gets Jada a HUGE football helmet, cuz i know she's gonna be happy! haha

some of the newer fans may not understand what i mean by the helmet...well.

when he was nominated b4, she was jumpin around and tore that head up..! haha :lolsign: :lolsign:

peace,

cookie

:word: I hope Will gets 1 4 this film. Will is very talented. Will puts his heart n soul in2 everything he does.

Yeah I remember when Jada hit her head against something. Cos she was so happy she was jumping around and BAM :lolsign: Hope Jada gets a football helmet 2

Edited by Angel Amor

• Members

I agree, Big Will shouldh ave gotten that win for Ali, Denzel may have done a good job, but he just had to act out a created character, someone you didn't have a model for, Will had to act like someone hwo really exists, meaning he had to take his skill even further. And he did just that. HE became Ali.

I agree, Big Will shouldh ave gotten that win for Ali, Denzel may have done a good job, but he just had to act out a created character, someone you didn't have a model for, Will had to act like someone hwo really exists, meaning he had to take his skill even further. And he did just that. HE became Ali.

Welcome to the board!

Is it me or do you sometimes hear Will speak and think, that sounds like Ali? its kinda like he hasn't come out of character fully yet!

He commented about certain parts of that on "Inside The Actors Studio"........

Will said it took him a while to get back to the not so serious actor he once was. He had to film MIB2 pretty son after Ali wrapped, and he said he was still in the serious mode when he was fliming MIB2 and it took him a while to get back to his old comedic self. He would say things they didnt really matter to a flim like MIB2, things like "What is the persons reasonong behind his emotions when this scene was written?" (Not an exact quote). He said Barry Sonnenfiled would reply "Just do the scene!". I think this happens when he takes on any major dramatic role. Because he commented that when he did 6 degrees, after he would still act in every day life they way he had to act as Paul. He did things a bit more posh and precise, whereas as WS he uses quite a lot of shortened slang terms. I think he gets so dedicated and so expressive towards the role that he does become the person he is playing, and he finds it hard to shake it off once filming stops.

Kind of like when you stay around someone with an accent too long and you pick up their accent :kekeke: