JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to direct new epiosde of "ALL OF US"

Thursday, January 19, 2006

CHRIS ROCK AND WILL SMITH TO DIRECT EPISODES OF THEIR RESPECTIVE UPN SERIES, "EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS" AND "ALL OF US"

Released by UPN

CHRIS ROCK AND WILL SMITH TO DIRECT EPISODES OF THEIR RESPECTIVE UPN SERIES, "EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS" AND "ALL OF US"

Executive producers Chris Rock and Will Smith will direct episodes of their respective UPN series, EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS and ALL OF US, which will air later this season on UPN.

In the Chris Rock directed episode of EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS entitled "Everybody Hates Corleone," Chris grows tired of getting beat up by bullies at school, so he asks his parents to be transferred to the neighborhood school, but when they deny the request, he decides to take matters into his own hands. Meanwhile, Julius' new job at the fish market makes him stink up the house and everyone in it.

In the Will Smith directed episode of ALL OF US, Bobby says the "N" word at a birthday party, and it forces Robert to examine his own use of the term and whether or not it's appropriate.

Inspired by his childhood experiences, comedian Chris Rock narrates EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS, the hilarious, touching story of a teenager growing up as the eldest of three children in Brooklyn, New York during the early 1980's. Uprooted to a new neighborhood and bused to a predominantly white middle school two-hours away by his strict, hard-working parents, Chris struggles to find his place while keeping his siblings in line at home and surmounting the challenges of junior high. This responsible, resilient adolescent brings a distinct, funny spin to his everyday trials and traumas.

In its third season, ALL OF US, the series inspired by the domestic adventures of entertainment superstars Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, reflects a new generation's enlightened attitude toward juggling ex-spouses, dating and professional lives with humor, sensitivity and heart.

source via google: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20060119upn02

I've enjoyed ALL OF US (I've seen 3 or 4 eps.) and I loved to see Will back on the tv screen for the first time since 1996. But I'm pretty dissapointed the series aris on Upn because it's the WEAKEST and UGLIEST tv channel in the US - even FOX is better! It's cool that Will is going to direct an episode because it's his first work as director. He wrote some episodes for The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and was the showrunner of the 95-96 season but he never directed. TWO THUMBS UP ;)

you guys should check it out. Its kinda a bit like my wife and kids, only definatly not as funny. I watched a few episodes then got hooked, i just found it difficult to watch coz it was on when i was never in. I managed to catch about half the second series on repeat. Good cliffhanger at the end.