JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith advises teens to dump their delinquent

Hero1

• Members
Greet,

Those are good advice words by Will .....about a serious topic.

I think we should be careful of the ppl we hang with .

Its definitely wiser to choose friends who upbuild us....
....both in words and in deeds.

We also need to remember that some of us can be role models to
our own friends.
I think wills an ok role model........
he works hard, bu t he also has fun.

& he tries to let his fans have fun .

this is what i like about will
....he shares his life with his fans ..
...and tries to let the fans have fun.

Im sure we all enjoyed our summertime days.

shout to Prince
shout to cookies

.....the friendly warrior
warrior griff

[font="Arial"][color=blue]and u know what too tho stanka? it woulda been even more fun, or "cool" if Will would have posted with us a coupla tymes this summer...i mean, dang. Hes never been here the whole 4 to 5 years ive ever posted... Sometimes even fans, need a little pep~me~up talk and a bit of inspiration, directly from ppl they look up to., like Will for instanct...

Ill take that over an autograph anyday...its just an incredibly wierd feeling for me asking someone for their autograph...(cute 4 my sons tho)

:dunno:

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font]

We gotta remember that even tho' this site is very successful, it's also unofficial. Jeff posts on his site, and his site is official, so it's fair. None of the unofficial message boards get mad. But here are dozens of Will Smith message boards on the net...would it really be fair 4 him 2 pick one and post there? Everyone else would be like, "hey Will, come over here 2!! It's only fair!!" and...he just doesn't have that much time.

When the album is released, I bet he'll have an official site...and if it has a new message board there, that's probably when he'll post.

Guest Prince
I agree W3, we can't expect FP to post around on message boards - especially making it known who he is. For all we know, he may have posted with us already and just not made it clear. Or maybe he did make it clear, but none of us believed him (remember the old sony boards back in early '02?).

• 2 weeks later...
[quote=Wild Child,Jul 13 2004, 10:55 PM]That's good what Will has advised..but I don't think alotta teens will listen since
they like drinking and smokin weed..I've got no clue if these teens will listen or not..

peace[/quote]
That is so true. It seems like that'z the ONLY way 2 hang out now. Drink and/or smoke weed. I'm gonna think bout those "5 Friends", but really I can't cuz I don't hang out a lot. I just can't. Maybe one good friend, but doesn't really understand me like he could. I try 2 help em. But u know, somethin's gotta give sometime.

I hate it when my teachers would say it, but they'd say that "U guys think your so untouchable". <-- like that would never happen 2 me.

I'll follow Will's advice.

I grew up pretty determined 2 keep things positive. I learned from my friends mistakes rather than making a whole lot myself. I hardly got in any fightes or experimented with any substances. As i think back on it, alot of that probably came from having role models like JJ+FP, LL, Kid 'N Play, MC Hammer, etc...cuz they were all positive and didn't talk about that stuff, and if they did, it waz almost always in a positive way shunning it. I can only imagin young kids coming up now listening 2 Ludacris, 50 Cent, Jay-Z, and so on. All they talk about is sex, drugs, alcohol, and violence. Most of the time it's glorifying that stuff so these kids are coming up thinking all this stuff is good and that it's something they should get involved in. Not alot of young people are strong enuff 2 be themselves so they are copying off of these losers and risking screwing up the rest of their lives cuz of a ignorant rap record. After that thought, i'm thankful for the positive, smart, intellegent people that i grew up listening 2. They probably reinforced me staying on the right track.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Aug 2 2004, 10:48 PM]I grew up pretty determined 2 keep things positive. I learned from my friends mistakes rather than making a whole lot myself. I hardly got in any fightes or experimented with any substances. As i think back on it, alot of that probably came from having role models like JJ+FP, LL, Kid 'N Play, MC Hammer, etc...cuz they were all positive and didn't talk about that stuff, and if they did, it waz almost always in a positive way shunning it. I can only imagin young kids coming up now listening 2 Ludacris, 50 Cent, Jay-Z, and so on. All they talk about is sex, drugs, alcohol, and violence. Most of the time it's glorifying that stuff so these kids are coming up thinking all this stuff is good and that it's something they should get involved in. Not alot of young people are strong enuff 2 be themselves so they are copying off of these losers and risking screwing up the rest of their lives cuz of a ignorant rap record. After that thought, i'm thankful for the positive, smart, intellegent people that i grew up listening 2. They probably reinforced me staying on the right track.[/quote]
WELL-SAID AJ! Thats how I'm living today...watchin' my friends make mistakes and learning from them and I more intelligent then my peers because of exposure to the old-skool in which they dont preach such crap. Thank God for JJFP, LL, Hammer..etc.

[color=purple]All jokes aside about me and Julie being from Liverpool. If I look at my 5 best friends I would consider myself lucky. Liverpool may be viewed as a place where there is trouble but isn’t that the same as any city anywhere in the world. You have the good kids and the bad kids, everywhere has drugs and violence and I have stayed away from that. I know the pain of what can happen when drugs affect people’s lives as it has happened to a member of my family very recently…that was pressure from people he was around in London. I am fortunate to have such good friends and they push me on and tell me I can achieve what I want, without them I can see my life being very different.[/color]