JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

it would be stupid not to

thezone

Will said in interviews before "Lost and Found" dropped that "Tell Me Why" would've been the next single after "Switch", Interscope probably convinced him to release "Party Starter" like Julie said, it actually would've been a perfect summer anthem though if it was released earlier, the timing was off, by the time they got it out there Will was already filming, they have to realise that there's only a short period to release singles since Will's a busy man, 3 singles in 5 months was the goal they should've gone after.... It'd been perfect if Will performed it on a lot of shows, even if a lot of those teeny boppers who only like club rap hated it, I think a lot of older fans who don't even like hip-hop but go see his movies would feel it..... It was the biggest mistake for Will not to perform it at Live 8, that was the perfect opportunity to spread that message to millions.... If he claims that "Tell Me Why" is his best song since "Summertime", he should perform it more often.... :pony:

Edited by bigted

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I guess we all just have to hope for the best that the song eventually comes out, it would be sad if it didn't.

I doubt that they will release it tho! Let's face it, moving to Interscope wasn't that good of a move! It was better then staying at Columbia tho, but he should have went somewhere else! How about Def Jam? Isn't LL Cool j still at Def Jam?

• 2 weeks later...

this would be the perfect time to release it 'cause this is something that all radio stations would play, Jimmy Iovine is too busy kissin' 50's ass to do that though...

have you ever wondered why i mean jimmy iovine is a bussines pepole he prefers making money than put out good **** (yhea the music that is coming out lately by 50 is wack )

and 50 made over 75 millions way more than will will do on the music market but oon movies hes a best seller

Why'd Jimmy Iovine sign Will if he has no confidance in promoting Will's album? Doesn't sound like a good move to me, delaying "Party Starter" was not a smart move, if Jimmy Iovine release 5 singles at once from "Lost and Found" Will could easily sell as much if not more than what 50 Cent's sold, that's bad buisiness to sleep on promoting Will... Will needs to go to a record label where he's respect as an artist, he's sold 30 million albums in his career so it's not like he can't sell if was marketed the right way 'cause he's done it before time and time again...

Edited by bigted

Why'd Jimmy Iovine sign Will if he has no confidance in promoting Will's album? Doesn't sound like a good move to me, delaying "Party Starter" was not a smart move, if Jimmy Iovine release 5 singles at once from "Lost and Found" Will could easily sell as much if not more than what 50 Cent's sold, that's bad buisiness to sleep on promoting Will... Will needs to go to a record label where he's respect as an artist, he's sold 30 million albums in his career so it's not like he can't sell if was marketed the right way 'cause he's done it before...

I think Will should demand respect, If I was in his position I would make sure I got what I wanted. He might have to go down the route as if he was just starting up in the biz again, promoting himself more, doing live shows, making mixtapes... it might not come easy for him, but if he really wanted it, he should get it.

It'd be easier for Will if he was a gangsta rapper, record execs would be kissing up to him like they do to Dr. Dre, he don't even have to do much but they seem to always show him the proper promotion whenever he drops something, it's harder for Will to sell a lot now and get the proper marketing 'cause he's an mc that doesn't curse, it's unheard of these days...

Edited by bigted

It'd be easier for Will if he was a gangsta rapper, record execs would be kissing up to him like they do to Dr. Dre, he don't even have to do much but they seem to always show him the proper promotion whenever he drops something, it's harder for Will to sell a lot now and get the proper marketing 'cause he's an mc that doesn't curse, it's unheard of these days...

He should set the record execs straight then, whatever happened to the old 'work hard' and 'psychotic drive' he's got? Seems to me he must not want massive sales and exposure, otherwise he would get it. Maybe it's what we want, but not what he wants...

It's hard to stay hungry when you're one of the richest men in the world already, Will honestly probably don't care that much about being the highest selling rapper now, but if he just put a lil' effort into it he could easily be it since he got a top 10 album in the hip-hop industry last year with just one hit single, a lot of those who kiss up to label execs ain't that respected anyway, they'll probably want him to sell out his image and do something just to sell albums, Will don't need that...

Edited by bigted

It's hard to stay hungry when you're one of the richest men in the world already, Will honestly probably don't care that much about being the highest selling rapper now, but if he just put a lil' effort into it he could easily be it since he got a top 10 album in the hip-hop industry last year with just one hit single, a lot of those who kiss up to label execs ain't that respected anyway, they'll probably want him to sell out his image and do something just to sell albums, Will don't need that...

Yep, that's why I came to the conclusion that it's not what Will wants, yet somehow he complains about it on L&F...

Will talks about getting respect by hip-hop heads, he don't complain about what he don't sell, there's a lot of people that hip-hop heads don't respect who sell a lot, Will don't worry about pop success, he worries about being named in hip-hop circles, you don't see Nelly being hip-hop person of the year, Will is, so he got what he wanted with this album, the most important thing is that he puts effort into making the albums, he don't need to put effort into promoting them, no matter if it sells a few thousand or a few million, those who listen to it will enjoy them and consider him one of the top mcs they ever heard and that's all that matters, Jazzy don't put effort into selling his mixtapes but whoever buys them considers him a legendary DJ, hip-hop changed now, back in the days the highest selling ones were the ones with the most skills but now it's an A&R driven industry, maybe if he caved into A&R demands and makes an all crunk album rapping about rims and grillz in all of his songs instead of food for thought songs, then maybe he'd sell millions we don't want that though and he don't wanna be a industry puppet, maybe if he battled another rapper they'd push his album more too but he don't do that beef crap, he wants to stay true to his art, when it's a day that quality art sells again we'll see Will on the top of the charts.... Even if promotion was a lil' better he probably wouldn't outsell 50 Cent these days 'cause it's an image that sells, he'd sell a lil' more if he had more singles no question but for me to say that he'd sell 5 million is a pipedream where the majority of the public only eats up this gangsta rap crap, I mean look at Common he released 3 singles just like Game did but Common didn't get caught in no gangsta rap beef like Game did so he sold 750,000 while Game sells 2 million, Common's more advanced with his lyrics than Game who's just starting but people buy into the gangsta rap image and don't want that positive rap, maybe if Will released a couple more singles in that time period he'd probably just sells a few hundred thousand more and that's it, he'd scanned platinum then instead of shipping it now but it really ain't that much of a difference at the end of the day, Will got the respect he wanted, kept his integrity and got a platinum plaque, sure it's sad that we didn't get "Tell Me Why" on the airwaves but you could say Will had success in his 20th year in the rap industry, I could care less what a lot think 'cause they're bandwagon fans but as long as Will does what his heart desires there'll always be people out there that respect him at the end of the day, maybe if we quit complaining and look at the big picture we'll see there's nothing to complain about, I hope that he does a video one day with Mary J. and puts it on a DVD just so I could see it as a fan...

Edited by bigted

Do you think the average commercial fan would actually like it though? I heard a lot of people from the media that reviewed the album said that it sounded like Will bited Jadakiss' "Why", if black radio refuses to play this song, they'll never play Will and're heartless fools...

Edited by bigted