JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

it would be stupid not to

thezone

Releasing "Tell Me Why" would not be the popular choice but it'd show people that he's more than just a party rapper, it's more about image than about sales, there's nothing on this album catchy enough besides "Switch" that'd get this album to sell 10 million like "Big Willie Style" but there is enough on this album that'd get Will the credability as a versatile mc but Interscope only put their energy behind milking "Switch" and most of the public still look at Will as an actor who just raps party songs occasionally, that's dissapointing....

Edited by bigted

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see all the peeps on hip-hop sites that heard the album say that "Tell Me Why" is the best song, even a lot of Will's haters felt it, obviously Will's promotion team never goes online, even though the sales ain't that high and Will didn't get nominated for a Grammy, a lot of us who bought the album really appreciate it but I'm afraid Will doesn't realise that, he probably doesn't know that AllHip-Hop.com made him person of the year, that's why he probably gave up on it now.... :paperbag:

Will said he wanted to show the world a different side to him after he hit them with the cold water of "Switch" but obviously Interscope didn't want it to go that way.... The last opportunity came and went a couple months ago when Will won the AMA, he coulda used the momentum and released it to radio right then and shot the video and it would've came out by now, that won't happen now, Tim's right, Will gave up on it so we might as well too, "Lost and Found" is the past now, hopefully Will brings us a new album soon....

Edited by bigted

Even if it has to come out of his own pocket, a video should definitely be made and the song should be released, just to put it out there and to make people aware.

Will needs to be a lil' more hands on in his music career as far as what singles to release instead of having A&R's controlling what should be released for him if he wants to get the credability he deserves, he can't let the label taint his image, he's been in the game so long, he should have more control

• Admin

the album came out 9 months ago..party starter was a flop? we say we want Will to release good songs as singles but whenever he does they are never hits? maybe the problems with the public never liking good music :jusmindyabizness: Will said it all on the 3rd verse of party starter :word:

Well the radio feeds the people so much crap that they're programmed to hate good songs.... But the problem with "Party Starter" flopping is that Interscope never sent it to black radio, they probably didn't send them "Switch" either, Will complains about them not playing him so he should take matters into his own hands and send the black radio stations the songs himself, a lil' better promotion would help or maybe he should change his name.... :paperbag: Waiting 6 months after "Switch" came out to release "Party Starter" wasn't gonna help either, he shoulda performed it at more of his shows, that'd had people anticipating that it was gonna drop, and even if it was a huge hit Will'd still be known as just a party rapper, we needed "Tell Me Why" to come out to show that Will does have a serious side to him... There are some good songs out in between though so I think if promoted right, "Tell Me Why" could've been as successful as Kanye's 'Jesus Walks', Game's 'Dreams', Nas' "One Mic" and Black Eyed Peas' 'Where Is The Love' or even his own "Just The Two Of Us" were, I could hate Columbia all I want but at least they allowed him to release that song about his son, Interscope is heartless, but even if "Tell Me Why" flopped I'd still be happy to know that Will released it.... I don't care if Will sells 200,000 releasing the songs he wants to release, I could live with that, rather than having an A&R manufacture his career by releasing the singles they want to release to sell 2 million....

Edited by bigted

I think its gonna come out. Caus some of the newer Pics on the Official Site are form the Video Shot, right? If Will still wants it to come out, it will. That is unquestionable. Maybe he just want to go on now, could be right?

Myself, I dont care. I`m extremly happy with Lost And Found with the numbers Lost And Found and Switch made. Switch did great and Lost And Found too, if you look at how all the others Top selling Albums sold (And especaly if you look at LL, De La n stuff). And I dont think there is a Video taht could picture the spirit of Tell Me Why, but again I dont know what the posibilitys are. Anyway I dont realy care if it comes out or not. I would be happy if it would but it wont bother me if it doesnt. Lost And Found is thruw and it did good. Time to move on and wait for another Album.

Edited by Turntable

I just dont understand why they decided to release party starter over tell me why. i mean party starter is great and Will says some stuff people needed to hear but tell me why is so much better and had so much more potential to sell and to give Will a better rep.

Will seemed to want to release tell me why second, i have a feeling it was interscopes idea to go with ps instead of tmw. :thumbdown: