JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 Cent vs. 25 Cent

bigted

answer me this why do you all hate G-Unit and i dont want ll this because they aint no JJFP or the whole thing because they say to many things is it because you all are afraid of sumtin new or is it because you know Ja and the Game cant rap and you go wit them i want a legit answer like an essay on why

first of all i dislike Ja Rule and Game almost as much as G-Unit so that don't mean anything. 50 cent and g-unit and mike jones don't appear to people who follow the old skool type of hip-hop. they don't keep their rhymes clean, they don't sound mature, they don't do it for the love of the game. their music compared to hip-hop is totally different. they don't have DJ's scratchin or any of that. that just doesn't appeal to me.

and even if i did like the mainstream beats and vocals and stuff i still wouldnt like 50 cent and g-unit because they make music in order to glorify negative things that they don't really do and to make money. they are gimmicks and there's no heart in their music. so there u have it. it's just not what i like for those reasons and those are my opinions and what appeals to me.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wit Wes. I don't see why it's hard 2 see why i can't stand commerical rap. Over the past few months alot of new people have shown up...alot of u are young and just haven't been exposed 2 real Hip-Hop. Everyone is entitled 2 their own opinion, but school yourself. After listening 2 old school Hip-Hop and true school Hip-Hop, it's no great wonder why most Hip-Hop heads hate commercial rap.

Over produced beats are used 2 cover up a lack of skill on the mic. Half the time, that isn't even the case. All those 50 Cent beats are trash. They are lightweight, sloppily processed trax. Then u hear their voices and delivery. Mike Jones, G-Unit, Nelly, and Lil' Jon sound awful on the mic. They have zero skillz on the mic...period. U've all heard Fresh Prince on the mic...how u gonna say any of them can share the same studio as him. And lastly, but most importantly...LYRICS. G-Unit isn't saying anything that has been a million times on rap records in the past 10 years. There is no creativity or originality 2 what they do. All these commercial cats are cookie cutter puppets who do what everyone else dose. They are preaching poison 2 kids and weak minded individuals. Even when they try 2 come correct, they fall flat on their face. Listen 2 "Tell Me Why"...it dosen't get any realer than that. Listen 2 Jadakiss' "Why." There's no heart in that. Jadakiss isn't idenifying with people suffering in this world. He's just making a record. If record lables ever wanna stop supporting all these idiots who are doing this, maybe we can get back 2 the days of the 80's and early 90's when smart, positive people actually had a chance of making a decent video, getting it aired, and have spins on the radio.

Wake up people.

p.s. i doubt i'll feel like replying 2 anyone who is gonna defend G-Unit, Mike Jones, Nelly, Ja-Rule, Lil' Jon, Ying Yang Twins, Lil' Scrappy, Tony Yayo, Puffy, Jadakiss, Ludacris or anyone else. Say what u want, but i've said pretty much all i need 2 say. This topic has been run in2 the ground recently.

Well what's the point of having this tired discussion over and over again 'cause no matter what we say to each other we're still gonna like who we like anyway, as long as we're all JJFP fans is what should matter most here on this board, if you constantly diss somebody 'cause they like Puffy or Ja Rule they won't like posting here anymore, I mean I'm sure not everyone on this board likes MC Hammer and Kid-N-Play either, everybody got different artists that they think are the realest... Some of us talk about hip-hop like it's a religion or something, come on it's just music now, people have the right to listen to who they want and if they feel entertained by it good for them... I suggest from now on if there's a topic of an artist you don't like don't go in and post saying how much you don't like that artist, make posts about those you do like, putting energy on somebody you don't like is a waste of time, only fans that're interested in that artist should post, well since I'm so sick of G Unit I won't bring anything more G Unit related to this board myself, I did wrong even bringing this topic here.... If I go on a hip-hop board and constantly diss another mc that they like and then wanna get them to listen to JJFP they might not wanna listen to me 'cause if I can't respect their opinion they won't open up to what I gotta say, keep that in mind... NWA raps about guns, drugs, and bitches just as much as G-Unit does btw, but at least they had flow on the mic, G-Unit has no flow on the mic, that's what it comes down to, I wanna be entertained and I just ain't when I listen to them and that's not gonna change no matter what you tell me...

Edited by bigted

:word: Everyone has is own Opinon about Hip Hop. I dont see why Hip Hop is about Clean Raps and stuff. Its great that there is stuff like that out there but It`s not bad that there is diffrent stuff too. The Rapper should rap about waht he knwos best and about things he can tell something about, stay true to himself. Than it`s aight with me, wether I like his style or not. And I cant see why you are for example saying Jadakisses Why has no hart. What kind of bull**** ist that? JUts caus you dont like it doesnt mean it has no hart. I mean you allways praise LL. And LL himself claimded to be a Fan of Jadakiss, Ja Rule, Fat Joe. And he respects Puffy for his muisc. Dou you think he would support somebody that is a hartles fool?

So AJ, you aint taking me seriously caus I like Ja Rule and Jadakiss?

Edited by Turntable

Well FP says he's friends with 50 Cent too so maybe he's not that heartless either that he appears to be on TV or from his music, I don't think FP'd wanna jump on anything 50 does yet but he respects him as a person, we don't know 50 personally, he might be nicer than what the media potrays him as, so it's really hard to tell if 25 Cent is just jealous or not.... I don't think FP would be friends of heartless people either, btw why'd a real mc like Common wanna jump on Jadakiss' "Why" if he felt it had no heart? The point is now see how open minded some positive mcs like FP, Common, and LL are, we need more mcs and people like them in general, instead of people being bitter with each other even if they don't feel everything somebody else does.... Would you like hip-hop better if every rapper was trying to be clean like FP? I don't really feel what Nick Cannon does either, he's trying to do everything FP does too much, that's as wack as seeing some trying to be the next thug 2Pac, everyone should be themselves....

Edited by bigted

How, why does this argument come up every week? People like different types of music, and for someone everyone here seems to hate...we sure talk about him a lot.

The argument is getting tiresom....some of you need to relaize that some people ehre don't like mainstream music, and those people need to realize, that not everyone only listens to classic hip hop, and likes 50 cent, or whatever. Doesn't make either one any better or worse.

When i jump in, it has nothing 2 do with somebody's taste in music. For all i care, somebody can think Lil' Jon is a rap god. My problem is when someone tries 2 say G-Unit, Nelly, or somebody like that makes Hip-Hop music or that they have depth 2 their lyrics. There is Hip-Hop and there is Rap...and when somebody tries 2 taint the name of Hip-Hop by associating it with the likes of Lil' Wayne...i'll stand up 4 it. For the few people who do that...your "opinion" on that is as legit as me saying Metallica makes classical music...it's just wrong.

Well that depends on what you consider "Hip Hop".

A lot of people will tell you that tHip Hop is the lifestyle, consisting of the 4 Elements, with Rap (Hip Hop Music) being one of those elements. And 50 HAD depth to his rhymes. I have his older mixtapes and he has some meaningful songs on there...He just stopped.

Well, i don't think u can consider Hip-Hop 2 be anything other than what it is. Unless someone is clueless as 2 what Hip-Hop is...there is no way u can consider most of the artists who've got on the charts that last few years a Hip-Hop artist or emcee.

And i will give u that 50 Cent actually did have a better style back in the day. I did hear some of his late '90's stuff back when it waz current. He didn't bother me at all...but at the same time, he didn't have any real qualities that made him stand out. He's a joke. His older style had 2 do alot with trends. If he waz a legit artist, he would care about Hip-Hop music and not create the trash he has been 4 the last few years. Not 2 mention writing the garbage lyrics he writes. He's a lost lil' child making money off selling out, gimmicks, and zero effort in making music of quality or substance.

I'm just standin' up 4 something i love called Hip-Hop.