JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The community album: re-imagined?

Hero1

• Admin

what do you think we should do guys? continue with the project we started.. or start a new one? I'm not sure if everyone wants to still keep the same songs theyve already submitted.. I think we should work a little more on what the albums about.. should the tracks being submitted have a jazzy jeff fresh prince flavour? whats the style? should it be humorous? should it be enough that the artists sumbmitting the track is a fan of will and jeff? lets discuss this a little more and work it all out.. I wanna see this get done :word:

I think this should be reworked to have a JJFP theme, reference with each of the songs. Maybe we could use some of their instrumentals and re rap/sing over it.

I think this would be an excellent present to give Will and Jeff! Sort of like something to celebrate their 20 years in Hip Hop! Us as fans showing our appreciation!

I think this should be reworked to have a JJFP theme, reference with each of the songs. Maybe we could use some of their instrumentals and re rap/sing over it.

I think this would be an excellent present to give Will and Jeff! Sort of like something to celebrate their 20 years in Hip Hop! Us as fans showing our appreciation!

Yeah that sounds great...I like your idea! But what do we do with the songs that we already made for the album?

I don't think all tracks should have a JJFP theme, I think it would be enough for the people to have been influenced by them, and contain elements of their music. I know this is somewhat a tribute album, but listening to people talk about how great JJFP are, JJFP's roots, whatever, it just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I'm alone in thinking that though.

You're not alone on it Prince, I think a tribute album isn't right, What has Will and Jeff told us through the years? we need to keep it fresh, new beats, new styles, it's not about JJFP, it's about us the fans who are motivated by the songs they write, Tim, it can be hilarouis, but it can also be serouis, everyone needs to talk about what they expect from the album in hand.

if we were going for a jjfp theme we could all do a cover of an old school jjfp song. but a new song, not just someone rapping over the instrumental. kinda like black stars children story...but the lyrics would be a little closer to jjfp's original ones.

EDIT: JUST SAW THAT I BASICALLY JUST REPEATED WHAT DA BRAKES SAID :lolsign:

Edited by WILL IS ILL

• Members

Guys why don't we start a new message asking for people to put their name down for the album. Then Tim and Da Brakes can give us a deadline on our track or tracks if we are required to submit more than one. Then we will have an aim to go for and it should get the album ready to send to Will and Jazz

um...when yall finish, can i get a copy too? LOL :2thumbs:

peace,

cookie

dang that sounded kind selfish...nevermind. lmbo

good luck with the album. I remember hearin bout it AGES ago,..good 2 see it materialize... :2thumbs:

peace,

cookie

Can we agree on something here? This is our forum, so it should be our album. Let's have a lil bit of everything. Regular songs, JJFP based songs, Will Smith based songs, JJFP/Will Smith Remixes made by members, Interludes, Instrumentals, Super mixes, anything; but for the sake of humanity, let's get a Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum Album out.