JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nelly said about Will!

Rakim said in an interview a couple years ago after he left Aftermath that he has no beef with Dr. Dre, it was just a thing where he wasn't doing much when he was there, he only recorded 2 tracks in a year when he was there, it was more of a business decision, it's taking longer for Rakim to come up with new material and Dre wants material out right away....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

First of all, excuse me for if my language is not good, i'm spanish.

I read al the replies which everybody have added, and i'm really askin' me if we actually know which is the real good music, who really have talent, who have his own style and make MUSIC and not NOISE, what many "great rappers" do and all their songs have the same stupid and ilogic message: DESTRUCION and "I'M THE BEST, NIGGA, AND BETTER DON?T SAY NOTHIN' BEFORE I KILL U WITH MY AKA" or some ridiculous thing like taht"

Ok, so we're now talkin' about Nelly, we should respect this man because is one of the few rappers (Wil too, honestly) who really make Music, who really make Hip-Hop, and Very Good Hip-Hop, He doesn't need to threaten anybody to refill the lyrics of a song and i thinked and still thin that to question his talent is ridiculous

post-823-1136932143_thumb.jpg

Rakim signed at Talib Kwelis Label, didnt he?

Nah Rakim didn't sign wit Talib Kweli yet, it was just a rumor that he has plans to start a label, he didn't do it yet, Rakim said he wanted to start his own label a couple years too but I doubt that he'd have the money to do it...

btw, this is what Rakim had to say about his time at Aftermath when he was interviewed by thaformula.com, he actually said that he only recorded a couple tracks with Dre producing, I thought he only said he recorded a couple tracks when he was there, it's been a while since I read it, lol, anyways he recorded quite a bit of other tracks with Dre's Aftermath producers then but he felt they weren't his style, he said he only signed there to work with Dre:

"As far as me and Dre working together, we definitely worked together on a few tracks but what it was, was that when another producer sent a beat, what I do is I take the track go to the studio and write to it myself. Once I finish with it then I go holla at Dre, but anything that Dre did then I would be sittin' right there, with him. But the thing is for the album we should have been side by side more, instead of looking for a lot of the other producers, me and Dre should have been in the studio just nailing that **** out. I don't know if Dre had the time to really get in the whole project 'cause you know doing a Rakim album ain't easy man and you know what Dre is doing is not hard for him, but I guess making a transition from East Coast to West Coast is a different vibe."

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, excuse me for if my language is not good, i'm spanish.

I read al the replies which everybody have added, and i'm really askin' me if we actually know which is the real good music, who really have talent, who have his own style and make MUSIC and not NOISE, what many "great rappers" do and all their songs have the same stupid and ilogic message: DESTRUCION and "I'M THE BEST, NIGGA, AND BETTER

DON?T SAY NOTHIN' BEFORE I KILL U WITH MY AKA" or some ridiculous thing like taht"

Ok, so we're now talkin' about Nelly, we should respect this man because is one of the few rappers (Wil too, honestly) who really make Music, who really make Hip-Hop, and Very Good Hip-Hop, He doesn't need to threaten anybody to refill the lyrics of a song and i thinked and still thin that to question his talent is ridiculous

pac is one of the geratest and he has some message-full songs

eminem does have some deep songs too and funny and serious at the same time (lisent to bussines "you are just a baby getting recluted at 18/you are on their plane now eating their food and their baked beans/

im 28 they gone take you fore they take me/")

common

jin

all of them make good music

nelly all he does is tell woman to shake their asses and calling them hoes and bitches i see no talent in that

yhea eminem does to but lisent to all the song not just the funny and dark ones lisent to the eminem show cd that ****'s great

and common is way better than kanye west

jin the dude has skilz

so for me nelly is just noise