JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Nelly said about Will!

Well the reason why I don't like Nelly that much 'cause I ain't really a big fan of much dirty south rap in general, I do like some of his club songs though, he definately got some bangers and he does put on a good show with a lot of energy, he performed at the Super Bowl like he said in that song, how many cats in hip-hop could say that? Nelly can't be that bad of a performer, I don't think anybody booed him there at that Super Bowl, lol, hate him or love him he represents hip-hop to a large audience and that should always be a good thing... I don't know why KRS would be so jealous, I thought he likes seeing other brothas in the rap game have success... It's ignorant for KRS to say that all of today's rappers who sell millions of albums like Nelly don't what hip-hop is, Nelly acknowledges a lot of the ol' school mcs like JJFP, LL, and even KRS after the beef, he still says that he looks up to KRS, his name Nelly was originally Nelly Nel, inspired by his favorite mc Melle Mel... KRS did give props to Dr. Dre and Eminem in the late 90s around the time they dissed Will so who knows maybe KRS don't even like Will that much either maybe I should stop giving him so much refrences on this board, lol.... Anyway respect points go up for Nelly too that he did the show representin' for LL at the Hip-Hop Honors last year.... Scarface might be the only rapper from the south that I like, most of my favorite rappers are from the east coast for some reason, I'm more of an east coast hip-hop head, although I like Pac more than Biggie for some reason, lol, which is another discussion....

Edited by bigted

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats cool to hear Nelly givin him props like that.. but when I saw that pic, all i could think tha was going thru Wills mind , sayin to himself, "crystal ball, CRYSTAL BALL !!! " lmao... :lolsign: Im gettin started again.

lol

peace,

cookie

Speaking of KRS I remember lookin' a couple weeks ago through the internet to see if I could find an article of him giving props to Will and I only found this, he makes comments about what Eminem said about Will on "Real Slim Shady" and says that Will hasn't really done that much for hip-hop even though he is a pioneer so he deserves to get dissed by Eminem 'cause most white kids say "f*** Will Smith", there's probably even more white kids in reality though that don't even know KRS so he should shut the hell up, I guess Will didn't pay KRS enough when he sampled him, lol, I might not feel like posting anything here on KRS until he gives a shout-out to Will, that was a dissapointment to my heart reading that :thumbdown: :

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/disp...ic_feature.html

"The Temple believes that in your rap music presentation you can say or be whoever you want. But in your Hiphop cultural presentation, you should be offering balance. Take Eminem. As far as emceeing goes, he has a pretty good album. As far as cultural meaning goes, it's a matter of debate. I believe Eminem speaks everything that all the white kids that listen to Hiphop have always wanted to say. They've always wanted to say, 'F*** Will Smith!'

"At the same time, I think it's wrong in Hiphop culture for any new MC to come up and dis one of the elders. It's also racially kind of weird. I use the word weird, because I don't know what it is when a white MC disses a black MC that has contributed as much as Will Smith has. On the other hand, he's speaking on behalf of the people. And I must admit that Will Smith probably hasn't done enough for his image to be embraced by the core audience of Hiphop culture today. Eminem speaks to that. Overall, I for one -- one who critiques MCs and battles those I think are corny -- give him my blessing."

Will laughed it off at the time though, he didn't respond to Eminem, I don't know why KRS would even call it a battle, it never was a battle, and it never will be a battle, it's over, those comments weren't even necessary, KRS coulda just said he liked Eminem's album and leave it at that, he was supposed to just comment on Eminem.... :willvspaparazzi: Maybe KRS was mad that Will didn't call him to be featured on "Big Willie Style", lol.... It's kinda funny too that KRS would diss Nelly for selling out from hip-hop by doing a song with NSync but he needs to look in the mirror 'cause he had multi-platinum Puffy on one of his albums that still didn't go platinum, he'd "sell out" if he had the opportunity but he can't 'cause no major label wants him, if NSync called KRS to do a track with them he'd jump to do it, Nelly gets top producers on his albums and people go out and buy it so credit should be given 'cause a lot who try to do that fail to get any attention even the so called ones that say they "keep it real", who wouldn't wanna perform at the Super Bowl with millions watching? I read an article saying that KRS was calling Dr. Dre to get him to produce a Nelly diss track for him, why'd he need to do that if he was "keepin' it real", I thought he was the one who says he "relies on talent, not marketing and promotion" couldn't he just produce the track himself which would sound better than getting watered down production that don't fit his style?

Getting Dre to produce a track is a marketing scheme and also contradictory 'cause he says that all the rappers who sell millions ain't hip-hop but wasn't Dre selling millions? I guess KRS ain't hip-hop then if he works with somebody who ain't hip-hop if he says Nelly ain't hip-hop for doing the same, please??!!!, he should just pump his brakes.... KRS wishes he was topping the charts instead of Nelly.... I ain't no Nelly fan but he ain't no sell out, he started a foundation when his sister was dying of cancer, he has heart, I might as well just buy one of his albums 'cause he don't act like somebody he isn't, if KRS would just shut up and make great music again maybe more'd like him since his contradictions are gonna alienate his remaining fans, if there are any left, I might just download his next album.... :wiggle:

Edited by bigted

I like nelly, as a person, as an actor, partly as a rapper.

I loved some of his songs, I can't remember them but he had a nice

one with tim mcgregor or something like that, a touchy song.

He can really sing, he has a nice voice if he wants to he can make nice tracks. Besides he's really nice and kind of like FP, you know, staying cool but not gangsta style, more like down to earth cool, having some fun.

Besides, I've heard he lost his sister, that must have been tough on him.

Anyway, appreciate his nice comments on will smith,

made me appreciate him even more.

I don't think 50 and nelly should be mentioned in the same sentence.

When I heard about Nelly doing "The Longest Yard", I was thinking: "Damn not another weak performance by a rapper in a movie again" but actually he did quite well, surprised me... I think LL went on tour with Nelly around the time that KRS and Nelly were battlin' and I remember hearing in one of KRS' songs at time where he said: "You need to rethink who you think is the greatest of all time" maybe referring to LL's album called "G.O.A.T.", maybe he was dissin' LL too, but he wouldn't come out and say LL's name 'cause he knows that LL'd finish him off since LL's one of the most respected mcs that's still on top of the game, he probably just dissed Nelly 'cause he knows that Nelly's not the strongest lyricist in the world and is not a battle rapper, he wouldn't call out LL....

Well they both took shots at each other back in the days so actually it ain't much of a surprise if you really think about it,

"Got dropped off of MCA 'cause the rhymes you wrote was wack/You tried to take out LL while your homeboys were on crack"-KRS-ONE "South Bronx"

"When I'm on the microphone I want silence/Not KRS-ONE's "Stop The Violence"-LL Cool J "Murdergram"

KRS probably don't like LL 'cause he's ain't a conscious rapper, I don't see him acknowledging LL when he's interviewed but LL does give KRS props in interviews though, LL keeps it on wax but I think KRS takes it a lil' too personal, he actually said in one of his interviews that he writes down a new rhyme everytime he hears a new rapper on the radio just in case they diss him :rofl:

:word: If you gotta sit around the radio worrying about new rappers coming out, you must not have much confidance in your skills, he should focus on making a great album instead of worrying about who's coming out, that's what it should come down to.... Honestly is it really that hard to write a comeback to songs on the radio? Is it really something to lose sleep over?

Edited by bigted