JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Fifa world cup 2006

Wild Child

I dont know how many of y'all like soccer{football} here, but i'm just a big fan of it and i cant w8 for the 2006 WC.This sport is in my blood

so, out of the 6 continents,what are the teams that you are really counting on?

here are mine:

AFRICA:

Nigeria

cameroon

Senegal

South Africa

Morroco

South America:

Brazil

Argentina

Colombia

Chile

Europe:

France

England

German

Holland

Portugal

Italy

Asia:

Noth Korea

N.America:

Mexico

United states]

holla back

Edited by Wild Child

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No contest England :paparazziupinthespot:

:word: :2thumbs: :word:

The tension has started already, Rooney is vital to the squad; if he plays and maintains the standard he has now set for himself we stand a good chance of being successful in the WC. He's a player that you build a team around, if he gets involved on a major way we might just do it. Michael Owen's injury is a worry for two reason for me, one I am a Newcastle fan, and two he is said to be a doubt for previous friendly's and possible even the WC itself. He should be fit, it depends on the healing process, finger crossed he will be back, at first he was scheduled for a 3 month absence, now its gone up to about 5, but as I said the healing process is going to be the key factor on that one. With service coming in from people like Lampard, Gerrard and Beckham, who are three of the best in the world at what they do, it will give England another aspect that we use a lot with the diagonal, cross field and by line crosses. Fact is, if you need a ball put in a certain area they will deliver. I see us going more direct straight to Rooney and Owen, if he's fit, through the middle and abusing the wings if needs be.

I think the perfect team to put out would be

Paul Robinson

Gary Neville - John Terry - Rio Ferdinand - Ashley Cole

David Beckham - Frank Lampard - Steven Gerrard - Joe Cole

Wayne Rooney

Michael Owen

Edited by Big Willie

Brazil and Trinidad & Tobago :yeah:

BTW: Nigeria ,Cameroon, Senegal, South Africa and Morroco are not qualified to the world cup, the teams from africa that are qualified is: Ivory Coast, Angola, Ghana, Togo and Tunesia.

Edited by Jonasdk

Brazil and Trinidad & Tobago :yeah:

BTW: Nigeria ,Cameroon, Senegal, South Africa and Morroco are not qualified to the world cup, the teams from africa that are qualified is: Ivory Coast, Angola, Ghana, Togo and Tunesia.

are u kiddin man, But they always do, damn things change, i dont even know who gonna win the World cup..but since they didnt make it this year, Angola is my #1 team 4 Africa, then Ghana and Togo, I just dont like Tunesia..

But yea it's gonna be really interesting..there's always a change in the WC everytime it comes on, But i sure hope france does better than they did in 2002..they my favorite European team and they just shocked me..

England has a few good players, but y'all gotta watch out 4 Brazil, and germany...

P.S: has Austrailia ever made it in the WC b4?

Realistically on paper we are talking just about 3 teams for glory. Brazil, Argys and England.

However there are among 6 or 7 who could end up doing it. Who knows. Thats what makes it such a great competition.

We'll just wait and see. Im concentrating on domestic things right now as my team Tottenham Hostpur are flying high in the Prem League and i'd love fo us to get into Europe this year. I'd be happy with the Uefa cup.

And Tim, Aussies are a decent outside bet. You never know.

Kev

umm.. wheres Australia :jusmindyabizness:

One Team and it sucks :lolsign:

man that's mean..they are just not good enough. :pony:

but yeah, how many of y'all are forgettin Germany?? that team got the best goalkeeper and he can lead them very far again..ZAhn orkahn, i forgot it..But when it comes down to Europ, I get my eyes on France, Italy, England, and Germany..France #1 choice.

but i already started the countdown, right now, i'm just watchin English PML supportin Arsnal,manchest united,liverpool, and Bolton, but i see Chelse is eatin everyone so far

Germany may be the home nation .. but they haven't got the players to win it so thats why were all forgetting to mention them on here :willvspaparazzi:

The possibilites are there for any team to win it, if they control their standards and focus on the task ahead anything is possible, I mean who would of picked Greece to win the 2004 Euros? not many. It's all about how the performances go when the competition is played. Players could be out, situations may arise do players are not aplicable to play. What England need to do is remain focused on their task and not start to look around the whole competition, if we are playing well and getting the right results, what other do doesnt matter in this sense.

I personally dont think the Argys will pose much of a threat in the competition, they dont have the drive they used to since Batistuta retired. They got some force from Crespo coming in, but nothing real dominant in the final third that would put them up there as real contenders. I'm not saying count them out, because they do have a chance to do well, and the world ranking show they are consistent, thats just my opinion.

France need to be watch, they seem to be a little forgoten but if Henry and Trezeguet get in the mood they will punish the best of teams, that combination will destroy a defense with ease. Vieira will be dominant in the middle as well, holding down the advances from opposition. France arent being mentioned much, but they definitley need to be focused on closely.

Brazil are favourites, their combinations all over the field is unstoppable, they lack slight confidence in the defensive region, but they are a team that could concede five and still win a game because of the like of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and so on. They are going is as favourites, but that could work against them as so much is expected of them in the competition. It might play against them, but it may also make the stronger in reaching for the title.