JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Does the World really want a JJFP Reunion?

Guest Guest_Burner_*

I know for a fact that will could sell out all the major arenas in the UK easily !!

get a couple big name producers like kanye west and pharrell(who're just as big as Trackmasters were in the mid-late '90s) do the singles that'll sell a lot and have Jazzy and maybe a couple ol' school producers like Teddy Riley and Pete Rock produce the rest....

well, that's a hard one..i think we should go around the world and ask if people want them..lol just playin.

but yea, most people who enjoy real music i think would love to have jjfp back, but right now, hip-hop has a new name in music and that aint cool.i know i would love to have jjfp back just dont know about the rest of the world..

I dont know about y'all but i know about me

and, it's the only way that i know how to rock

Edited by Wild Child

get a couple big name producers like kanye west and pharrell(who're just as big as Trackmasters were in the mid-late '90s) do the singles that'll sell a lot and have Jazzy and maybe a couple ol' school producers like Teddy Riley and Pete Rock produce the rest....

That was me, I would like to see Jazzy scratching on the singles that'll be produced by kanye and pharrell, maybe since will ain't on columbia they won't turn the volume of the scratches down :kekeke: then the rest of the album we'll just have JJFP, 2 turntables and a mic, no hype, no drama, just real hip-hop for the suckas in '06 :wiggle:

Guest Guest_bigted_*

Well currently Will's doing something with Kel Spencer so hopefully Jazzy gets involved and it turns into a group project, he ain't filming until summer, plenty of time to get some music done...

I think having current "hot" producers on the album would defeat the purpose of a JJ+FP album. That's what a "Will Smith" album is for. If JJ+FP are gonna do an album, the production should extend 2 much further than DJ Jazzy Jeff + A Touch of Jazz. Only certain people like Pete Rock should be considered 4 getting involved with the album.

• Members

Back in business fully registrated now-----

Okay back to the topic.

Its so funny that we are talking as if another JJFP Album is in the making and will realesed..THIS YEAR!

But it would be so picture perfect.

20year Anniversary--- Will´s 10th Album... their 6th in 200"6"... Jeff´s--?? Don´t know

Okay maybe you are right.... Will never went after great record sales...

But that crap talk.. last year with eminem about being a fun rapper--- sounded to me like straight biz....my opinion!

IF Jeff & Will will do another Album together then just them--- Hate to see them on a Kanye Beat, or Neptunes.....(okay maybe a funny neptunes beat... :wiggle: )

They are long enough in the industry to know how to make really good songs..

In my mind the right Producer search is one of todays great problems the music industry has. In the End all the stuff our ears get to listen is from one producer... and we are not able choose between good and bad music. and have no variety.

Today there are a few Hitmakers in the industry... Pharell,Kanye,Scott Storch..maybe Dre and every hit record is by them.. I think that is ridiculous...

JJFP don´t need that...

What is your point?

Well what about "Code Red"? Basically everyone on that album was the top producer of that time and that's considered a JJFP album right?

It's hard to believe now but Pete Rock and Teddy Riley were actually big name producers in the early '90s just like Kanye and Pharrell are now.....

Code Red may me alot of people's favorite album, but FP called it a weak album. And i think the east coast production/west coast vocal recordings were part of his reasoning. That's the only JJ+FP album that JJ+FP didn't put 2gether themselves.

Besides, when u think of Teddy Riley, Pete Rock, and Dallas Austin, they were on the same vibe as JJ+FP. I love the Neptunes and i'd love 2 hear FP work with them...but not on a JJ+FP album. It's no surprise that Willennium is the best WS album, cuz Jazzy and A Touch of Jazz dominated it.