JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Does the World really want a JJFP Reunion?

Guest Guest_Burner_*

Guest Guest_Burner_*

Hey guys,

i am just wondering if the world really would love to see JJFP back in full Force?

Okay..we would, no doubt. But in times when Fiddy,THe Game,Kanye etc are ruling the world do you honestly think there is a place for them. I mean in bringing out a multi-platinum album?

in my opinion those days are gone....

They should have done that in the late 90s-

As well i can´t see JJFP goin on a world Tour...

Okay there are lots of people want to see Will Smith---- But i doubt it.

At the same time i would be really excited if it came to reality.

What do you think....??

in this Moment i am sitting in Germany worrying about todays music generation... and those ring tone gangster,maybe you know what i mean.

With best regards

Burner

It's not what they want, it's what they need!

The world needs a JJFP reunion to remind them that there's other music out there then that stupid gangsta rap! That there's music with meaning and passion out there...that there is still real hip hop out!

Guest Guest_Burner_*

It's not what they want, it's what they need!

The world needs a JJFP reunion to remind them that there's other music out there then that stupid gangsta rap! That there's music with meaning and passion out there...that there is still real hip hop out!

Yeah... But do people have a consciousness for knowing what they need?????????????????????????????

Those 14-15 year old kids do not know what good music is.... They don´t realize that there exist something different than Sean Paul,Black eyed Peas and that stuff...

But in my mind Will with his financial wealth is one of a few who can remind people of what quality music can have.

Otherwise i don´t see him reaching that much audience with qualitity-music, cause the crowd is used to that crap and doesn´t know how to deal with "other stuff"

Will Smith is no Usher nor Timberlake... so people will not recognize that... So Quality Music will not have the effect it has to have.

If you look at the Common Album.... It was beautiful... but does it lead the youth to destroying their Yeah singles.... no it doesnt...

so coming back to jjfp.....their prime is gone maybe they can lead by example... into a brighter future....;-)

JJ+FP has a following bigger than us. So dose true school Hip-Hop. There would definitly be enought buzz behind the album without any hype. But as pop culture goes....they don't realize how much they'll want something til it's available. Look at Black Eyed Peas. Their 1st 2 albums were dope and they had a strong Hip-Hop favbase. They mess around an do an album like Elephunk, something totally different from anything every on the pop charts, and they blew up. If u put something different in the face of a mainstream audience, sometimes they eat it up, and i think a new JJ+FP album would do the same thing.

They can release a new album but the thing is they should promote when it comes out...not like L&F..I think promotion is the key to make this a sucess

i think a jjfp album would get as many sales as a Will Smith album. Lost and Found didnt do too badly. Putting jeff on the album would get them more respect tho, i think the hip hop world has a lot more respect for jeff than they do of Will.

With the tour, Will did quite few big shows, and i think jeff went to all of them. They got some pretty big crowds. The nokia urban music festival in London was a good one, that was a huge crowd and i know a lot of people went there to see Will as he headlined it. And more recently in Atlanta, Will and jeff drew in a big crowd.

Im not sayin they could sell as much as 50 but they can do enough to satisy the fans and sell tickets for shows.

welcome to the site by the way, u should register.

Edited by Jazzy Julie

I would really like to see a JJFP album, Will could sell millions of records but the problem is that he dosen't advertise anymore, Summertime was so big because they played the video after an episode of fresh prince, BWS was big because Will had done ID4, finished up FPOBA, and did MIB. Will needs to be in the public eye and they mainly have to advertise the record. All I saw for L&F was a few posters on 96th street in manhattan.

in this Moment i am sitting in Germany worrying about todays music generation... and those ring tone gangster,maybe you know what i mean.

:word:

I'm in the USA thinking about the same thing. As far as they goes I just want to yell at them "Lose listeing to the same 30 seconds of the song, and get a BOOMBOX!!!!"

Those 14-15 year old kids do not know what good music is...

Uh..that's not exactly true. I'm 15.. Are u saying that i don't know what good music is?

Doesnt matter if the world wants it or not, its all of Will wants to, cuz Will doesnt care if the album wont sell, cuz I dont think he thought Lost and Found was gonna sell that great, he does it for the love of the game, so its not gonna matter if the world wants it, even if theyre not ready for it yet, if Will and Jeff got back together, made a CD, Im pretty sure if it was promoted the right way then the world will love it because how can you not love JJFP?

Great artists don't worry about record sales and all that hype, all that really matters is that JJFP have the drive to put out another great album and the rest'll take care of itself, there's nobody in hip-hop quite like JJFP, the world needs JJFP to come back.... Will still got plenty of star power, to go almost platinum with s*** promotion is something only he could do, only 10 other hip-hop artists sold more than him last year, "Lost and Found" was capable of selling 10 million if he got 50 Cent promotion, maybe getting off of Interscope would be a start for JJFP, they need to go to a label that'll promote them well, maybe Def Jam like I've been saying all along... btw, street cred in hip-hop don't sell a lot of albums, promotion does, why didn't "The Magnificent" go platinum then? For JJFP to sell more, they need to do somethin' fresh for the '06, sounding too ol' school won't get millions sold, I have confidance they could do somethin' like they did for "Willenium" which was the unofficial JJFP comeback album of 2000 and it could go double platinum just like then....

Edited by bigted