JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Some of the black actors is blaming Will that......

Damian

I know it's all about the pentiums.... uh, sorry I mean benjamins.

yeah man!!! I know what's really good! :lolsign:

I personally think Will gets all these roles because he dosen't bow down and play sterotypical roles for black people (see any hood movie if you want black sterotypes) If these actors don't get a role, blame yourself for not being a good actor, don't try to blame anyone else.

If these actors don't get a role, blame yourself for not being a good actor, don't try to blame anyone else.

/Some of you don't feel what Cuba & Chris said. They don't dissing Will, but they can't stand that some of producers only choosing Will cause they want to earn a lot of money. When people see surname Smith on the poster..... bigger audience will come. So it's not about skillz withCuba case. They don't have any chance to act in good movies cause Will is only one black man in Hoolywood. But me & Turntable recapitulationed it, it's all about benjamins/

Did you see video parody of PD song by Weird All Yankowich "It's all about pentiuns"?

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Cuba Gooding Jr. win an Oscar or Acadamy Award for his role on "Jerry Maguire"? btw, one of Ice Cube's movies is called "It's All About The Benjamins" :kekeke:

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Cuba Gooding Jr. win an Oscar or Acadamy Award for his role on "Jerry Maguire"? btw, one of Ice Cube's movies is called "It's All About The Benjamins" :kekeke:

if so it don't mean that you will get another proposals for movie:)

yes I had deduced it from Turnable statement:)

Guest Guest_bigted_*

Yeah Cuba got some critical acclaim but the top name producers won't go to him for a serious role even though he might be able to pull it off but for the reason that they want big numbers at the boxoffice that they'll get from Will Smith since he's the top black act that draws at the boxoffice, it's just the way the game is....

Even though I agree that black actors-actresses don't get the

same love, respect and acceptance as white actors-actresses,

I find chris rock's arguments very weak.

People are stereotyped, differences in their character etc.

that defines you and what you can or can't do.

I can't be a doctor, but I can be a financial manager,

better then some worse then others, it's just the way it goes.

Chris rock is totally different then will smith.

Remember the one scene in FPOBA ?

When Will wanted to do stand-up, and he believed he could,

then he got told that you can't do everything,

there's some stuff your good at and some stuff your not,

will can't do a stand-up, chris rock can.

Chris rock wants to play I-Robot or spiderman, he can't.

Will Smith wants to make a stand-up, he can't.

Totally different, you can't do everything, you do what your good at

and you respect and appreciate that.

Totally lame if you ask me, these comments.

"Will said that after "Ali" he wanted to act only in seroius movies, He wanted to be an drama actor. But he talked with Mandela. MR Mandela said that when he was 27 years in prison he felt REALLY good if he had an oportunitty to watch a comedy. As an prisoner he had this chance only by 6 months. After that Will noticed that comedy roles are very imortant."

Yeah comedic roles are as important as socially consious roles.

:word:

• 3 weeks later...

Will is the best shure there are people like Denzel,Jamie Foxx and sam Jackson but Will has truly shown that he can manage to be great in different genres :2thumbs: keep upthat good work Will :lolsign:

I really got to give it up to Jamie Foxx he really almost came out of nowhere and dove right into dramatic acting and pulled out an Oscar.

Will is the best shure there are people like Denzel,Jamie Foxx and sam Jackson but Will has truly shown that he can manage to be great in different genres :2thumbs: keep upthat good work Will :lolsign:

I really got to give it up to Jamie Foxx he really almost came out of nowhere and dove right into dramatic acting and pulled out an Oscar.

Jamie's been doing his thing for years: In Living Color, The Jamie Foxx show, and then movies such as Booty Call and others...

I actually thought that Don Cheadle should have won that Oscar for his work on Hotel Rwanda though... Ray was great, but Hotel Rwanda seemed to be at an entirely different level. If there's anyone who hasn't seen it, check it out... you'll end up crying at some point.

Jamie's been doing his thing for years: In Living Color, The Jamie Foxx show, and then movies such as Booty Call and others...

I actually thought that Don Cheadle should have won that Oscar for his work on Hotel Rwanda though... Ray was great, but Hotel Rwanda seemed to be at an entirely different level. If there's anyone who hasn't seen it, check it out... you'll end up crying at some point.

I just meant that he wasn't considered a "serious" actor. He was considered a comedic actor.