JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.

Let me start off by saying i've never really been a fan of Biggie. I simply don't see why some people claim he's one of the best rappers ever. When i look at his production, lyrics, and delivery...i don't see anything that good. However, as i got older, when i'd hear his singles that used 2 get overplayed on the radio, they take me 2 a good place when i waz growing up. His strongest skill waz the way he could rhythmically ride a beat. Anyways, i try 2 give everything an honest listen...so i gave his overly-doctored Duets album a listen.

Much like the doctored 2Pac albums, the production is commercial rap filler. The best beat on the album is produced by ex-ATOJ producers Andre Harris + Vidal Davis which also features The Game and Faith. I've never really like The Game, but his voice has greatly improved on this joint. The stupidest thing about this project is that they just ripped Biggie's old verses off his previously released music. At least with the 2Pac projects, nearly all of the material waz never released (outside of bootlegs). Biggie only has 1 verse on most of the trax...making it hard 2 actually consider it his own album. There's a dope 2Pac verse on the track "Living In Pain" that i don't think i've ever heard b4. Mary J's vocals on it come across very nicely. Nas also pops up. The cool thing about this track as that all these artists were out while he waz. It's hard 2 accept having Eminem and The Game on the same track as him since u can't cross their careers.

I know there are a few Biggie fans on this board, so i waz wondering what your opinion was. Nobody trip about my opinion, cuz like i stated above, i've never really liked him...so i'm biased. I personly would be offended with this album...just like i am with Loyal To The Game as a long-time 2Pac follwer.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1970 somethin, Hold Your head, Watchu Want, Living in pain, Beef...All hot.

Oh and about biggie only having about 1 bverse per..it's a Duets album, and all the verses are old, released verses anyhow. To accomodate all the Guest spots, they'd have to not give Biggie 2 or 3 verses. time was obvioously a factor.

Edited by Vipa

It`pretty cool. The Songs 1970 somethin, Hold Your head, Watchu Want, House Of Pain and other are very cool. Even Eminem and Puffy did actualy good on tha Album. I couldn`t beleiev that that realy was Puffy,lol. Some of the Songs aren`t that good lik Nasty Girl, but it`s still a cool Album. Hold Ya Head has some Strong lyrics..

This was supposed to be a duets album so that's why there's collab on every track, that's what a duet album is, lol. I don't think Pac's album was supposed to be, Biggie probably would work with some these rappers on here so it more seems realistic for him unlike Pac with his "Loyal To The Game" 'cause Pac was more against mainstream, like I could see Biggie doing a song with Nelly and 50 'cause Puffy worked with them before on the Bad Boys 2 Soundtrack, LL Cool J, Heavy D, and Busta should've been on there though 'cause Biggie worked with all of them while alive and he probably would collab with them again if he still was, I couldn't picture Pac working with Eminem, D12, or G Unit, 'cause the Outlawz or Digital Underground ain't down wit them....

Edited by bigted

This was supposed to be a duets album, I don't think Pac's album was supposed to be, Biggie probably would work with all these rappers on here so it more seems realistic for him unlike Pac with his 'cause Pac was more against mainstream, like I could see Biggie doing a song with Nelly 'cause Puffy worked with Nelly before but I couldn't picture Pac working with Eminem 'cause the Outlawz ain't down wit Eminem....

:word:

By they way. Outlawz`s Fatal just signed at Murda Inc. He`s gonna put out an Album on there.

Edited by Turntable

Yeah actually I remember that Fatal actually was backing Ja Rule and Murder Inc. when they were battlin' with G-Unit and D-12 so most likely Pac would probably be beefin' with Eminem and 50 if he were alive....

I think this Fatal Album could turn out good. Irv Gotti can arange some hot street Beats and I`d love to hear Fatal pover them. Maybe with some Guest Spots from Ja Rule, Blackchild and Caddilac Tah. Also a big chance that Fat Joe and Nas are gonna be on there since they`r down with The Inc. Damn now when i think about it.. This Album`s gonna kick ass :mygod: :lolsign:

Edited by Turntable

Pac and Dre weren`t cool at all at the end of Pac`s life. Why else you think The Outlawz are down with Murda Inc. and not with Aftermath? Think about it..

And Ja Rule was suposed to be on there. I actualy have the song. But it didn`t make the Album. Puffy still gives him credit in the booklet tho.

Edited by Turntable

That should turn out to be a hot album, i didn't know he was signed to murder inc., Does anybody know the deal with Young Noble off of the outlawz, i heard he was going to make an album with layzie bone but it never got released, can anybody tell me what hes doing at the moment?

I thought the album was pretty good, the one with Twista and Bone Thugs and Harmony was good I thought. 1970 Something, House of Pain, and a few others I can't remember the names to really stood out as well.