JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Was Eminem Worth Responding To...?

bigted

23 members have voted

1. 1. On Mr. Nice Guy?

• Yes
    • No

Since it's the end of the year, I figure we'd look back on Will addressing Eminem on "Mr. Nice Guy"...

In a lot of interviews Will said he had something for Eminem, a lot of people were expecting Will to dedicate the whole song to him and a lot questioned why'd he respond 5 years later to just one line Eminem said about him in "Real Slim Shady", and then Will only said one line in "Mr. Nice Guy" of course which I feel wasn't necessary 'cause we all know that Will basically moved on to bigger and better things, Eminem makes fun of everybody anyway so not many take him serious anyway....

Looking back, I actually think that it wasn't necessary for Will to say anything about Em, especially since Em's been irrelevant by most hip-hop fans over the last 5 years, he basically only has a pop fanbase now, Will should've used that time in interviews to talk more in depth about deeper songs on the album than "Mr. Nice Guy" 'cause "Mr. Nice Guy" ain't even one of the top songs on such a deep album, I rarely even listen to that song now, so I vote no....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say yes cause if it's one line, it's not a diss, i think more like a warning to all the haters ("..u don't want to drop the bomb now Willie"), if ppl diss him, he only says: "wait, i'm a peaceful man but i can't be rough too". So i vote yes!

Edited by Luigie

Will didn't have to mention in his interviews that he had something for Eminem if he wasn't gonna make a song dissin' him, that's what people expect when you say you have something for somebody, well Jay-Z did basically the same thing too when he said he wanted to start a rap war and then doesn't diss anybody, lol.... I don't think Will should've said anything in his interviews, the media took his comments out of context, he said that he did respect Eminem as a talented artist so what's the point of saying that he has something for Eminem?!! He should've just made the "Mr. Nice Guy" song as a warning to the haters and not named anybody, I think it's a nice aggressive track but I don't like thinking about Eminem when I listen to a Will Smith song, they don't deserve free publicity on a legendary mc's album ( also larry elder and wendy williams)....

Edited by bigted

Well, maybe Will got excited wit this dissin thing, lol...but yeah! he shouldn't have to say that in the interviews, an error. the media sometimes makes things bigger than they really are. but how would u feel if for years ppl is dissin u for the same damn thing?

Edited by Luigie

:word: This was a dead issue that didn't even had to be brought up by Will in that song and nobody'd talk about it anyway, those people that like Eminem don't like Will anyway and that's not 'cause of "Real Slim Shady" it's just that Will ain't their style, lol, and I agree Will should go after the haters but he does already, remember songs like "Don't Say Nothin'" and "I'm Comin'", he'd address haters in there, he wouldn't name them though, he don't have to either, he got too much class to do that, he could sell a lot of albums without naming anybody, I mean instead of sayin':

"Husband, father, dissed by Eminem

But did it bother him? Yep

But he classy, Big Will wit another 20 mil walk right past E

I'm a nice guy why y'all harassing me?"

He could've easily said this and it would've made the same point, later on in the song he should've just cut out those lines about Wendy Williams and Larry Elder, he should just "Wave 'Em Off":

"Husband, father, dissed by all of them

But did it bother him? Yep

But he classy, Big Will wit another 20 mil walk right past everybody

I'm a nice guy why y'all harassing me?"

Now on "Real Slim Shady", Em dissed like 100 people in that song, including a line about himself saying somebody about he'll have to check himself into a mental clinic, even mocking himself in the video, it wasn't a song to be taken seriously as a diss, lol

Edited by bigted

The Real Slim Shady is a funny ass song. The part about Christina Aguilera was so funny,lol

By the way..Eminem knows when he makes crap. I recentely saw an Interview and somebody said about Ass like that "Who wrote that **** anway?". And Em said "I did..But i didn`t say it was good".Lol. He`s proud of Songs like Toy Soldiers and stuff. And those are the songs htat also get respcet from us. But we diss him caus of stuff like Just Lose It. And now it seems likes he knows those are crap.lol

I think Will said something in one of his interviews that him and Eminem are 2 different artists that have different fans and it's true if you think about it, most Will fans don't like Eminem and Eminem fans don't like Will, different artists, different tastes, it's more the fans and media making this an issue, Will and Em probably don't have no beef with each other though....

Edited by bigted

I think Will said something in one of his interviews that him and Eminem are 2 different artists that have different fans and it's true if you think about it, most Will fans don't like Eminem and Eminem fans don't like Will, different artists, different tastes, it's more the fans and media making this an issue, Will and Em probably don't have no beef with each other though....
:word:

I think it waz cool the way he mentioned Eminem. FP never stated there waz a diss record 4 him...only that he had a song where he delt with those who attacked him over the years. He approached the whole thing in a very funny way without being tasteless. It just showed that he wazn't trying 2 shy away from the whole Eminem thing and how he could care less what waz said in the past.

Let's forget that Emiem instigated a bunch of TRL viewers 2 chant "Will Smith sucks" and poked fun at him in the "Forgot About Dre" video. Eminem is past that era of his life (and making crappier music). FP always remains untouched with some new school rapper has something negative 2 say about him.

i voted yes. if Will's gonna make a track on the album about all the people who've been talkin crap like wendy williams and larry elder, then he might as well mention eminem too. i think that sayin' he has "somethin for Em" was misleading, but he was just tryin to hype up the people to buy the album. and it did hype people up and people who aren't necessarily Will fanatics still talk about that track on other hip-hop forums.