JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Loretta appreciation thread

Frenetic

I love it, the beat, wills delivery, his flow, the lyrics. It's just perfect. It's so deep, i don't mean lyrically, but musically.. the beat is straight fire.. Alot of effects and small things that make it grow even more when u listen to it with good headphones or sound system. And his slow, almost talking flow reminding me of Jay-Z but Willish. Put the truthful and smooth lyrics on it and it blends perfect with the rest.

One of my favorite Will songs.

:word: This song is genious to say the least, the flow, storytellin' lyrics, beat, easily one of the most powerful tracks on the album :mygod:

Maybe Eminem should be on the remix.... just playin' :kekeke: "Loretta" is much better than "Stan" seriously, Eminem bit off storytellin' from Will, the originators of rap don't get the credit they deserve, kids probably think Eminem won the 1st rap grammy, lol...

Edited by bigted

I ain't overreacting, Eminem told Will himself that he took some of his storytellin' from what Will and Jeff have done...

I think Will approached this in a very mature way. He could of just come out and spat about how crazy Loretta was, or how deluded she was. But instead he basically put down the way he thought Loretta was feeling when she was stalking him. Its definitley a deep track and you feel the emotion from the begining. Great flow, great beat....Great! :2thumbs: