JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

In order for Will to make it big again

sonic1988

I'd say he would have to

1) go under JJFP again and mean it (have jeff do the instrumental for each track) hence why I put this thread in this section

2) write his songs himself 100%

3) have other legends in rap but their support in some tracks (we need some great tracks like so fresh)

4) (if number 3 happens) have biz markie do some beatboxing like ready rock C used to do (I would say have ready rock C do the tracks, but since they were in a lawsuit together, I dobut they would want to work together again.)

5) do the whole album without mentioning movies.

:word: Well the most important thing JJFP need to do is tour for the first time in over 15 years!!!!! :pony:

Now as far as people dissin' Will for having ghostwriting, what about Kanye West, Dr. Dre, Snoop, Lil' Kim, etc are all more famous than Will but they use ghostwriters too?

I've seen alot of songs he didn't do. If you put your CD in windows medis player, go to "rip" and it will say composer. I see some he did, but he usually works with at least one more person.

I personally have no problem with ghost writers, but I want to have him do at least two or three tracks an album 100% himself.

Edited by sonic1988

great list Sonic, I would a comprehensive world tour with proper promotion and then he'd be sorted. Movies is definitely a big part of what's screwig him over at the moment...maybe something that would force him to spend his time and money into his getting his message across. Writing tracks like 'Lost & Found', isn't enough - he has to FORCE people to listen to them...

I think that the problem with Will is that he don't properly put enough time into music after "Code Red", ever since he's been getting more involved into family life and doing so many films, he needs to have people help him with writing lyrics 'cause he don't have that much free time anymore, but with some rappers they just can't write songs even with all the freetime on their hands, I think Will needs to properly put more time into his music again.....

• Members

Will needs to take a year or two off so he and Jeff can acually make another cd.I've been missing their old music a lot...don't get me wrong Will's and Jeff's solo abulms are great but,I'd just like to see them making another abulm...

Are you writing about his lyrics?

yeah I want him to write the lyrics to a couple of his songs 100%, but it would be even cooler if he made a song he wrote 100% be his single instead of a track that ony we (the people in this forum) would talk about.

Edited by sonic1988

Well the thing is though that like Will said in "Here He Comes": "Fresh Prince was hot, the movies killed him", he just doesn't seem to put enough focus into the music anymore like he used to, he claims that he loves hip-hop more but he needs to show it, he needs to go out and do freestyles, do more performances, I think he should do collabs with some of today's popular rappers too just to show people that he could hang on a track with anybody that they think is hot now, that's why LL's still popular today, LL takes time to collab on other people's albums and they collab with him too, he shouldn't just only do tracks with the ol' school rappers 'cause I don't think many people like ol' school rap that much anymore, most people don't know who Slick Rick is sadly, except for those dedicated rap heads, like if he did a song on Kanye West's album his popularity would increase, he could collab on new school mcs' albums and put ol' school mcs on the JJFP album, that'd please everybody, the kids would be impressed with hearing Will spit on a 50 Cent and Ludacris album and then they'll be inteterested enough buy the JJFP album when it drops and be introduced to ol' school mcs like KRS-ONE and Chuck D....

Edited by bigted

I think that the problem with Will is that he don't properly put enough time into music

The same with me. I read that Will is happy about todays technology, becouse he can do something for his music even on the plane. But I think it's not the same like sitting down in quiet room & writting lyrics etc.

the kids would be impressed with hearing Will spit on a 50 Cent and Ludacris album and then they'll be inteterested enough buy the JJFP album when it drops and be introduced to ol' school mcs like KRS-ONE and Chuck D....

You are a truly dreamer:) Personally I don't belevie in that. Also many hip hop heads would lose respect for Will for collaborating with 50:(

Are you writing about his lyrics?

yeah I want him to write the lyrics to a couple of his songs 100%, but it would be even cooler if he made a song he wrote 100% be his single instead of a track that ony we (the people in this forum) would talk about.

Do you mean text speaking by Will? When someone is collaborating with Will it's known that he will write his own lyrics (Im talking about guests).

So wouldn't hip-hop heads lose respect in Will for giving 50 Cent props in an interview? Snoop's just as commercial as 50 these days but "Pump Ya Brakes" turned out well, 50 does have some skills especially on his earlier mixtapes, working with an mc like Will'd probably bring out some energy we haven't seen from him in a while... Wouldn't they call Will a sell-out for doing a song with Lil' Kim? I don't believe in that, Will should be able to collaborate with anybody whether ol' school or new school, it might take with working with newer artists to get the younger fanbase who buys the majority of today's albums to buy the JJFP album, a lot of older fans don't like hip-hop anymore either, they listen to neo soul now.... If Will just does things with ol' school rappers, it won't sell, so what do you want Will to do? Do you wanna see him just work with ol' school artists and producers and only sell a lil' bit or should he work with the top artists of today and sell more? :hmm:... Maybe that's why some hip-hop heads might diss LL for working with Pharrell and Timbaland instead of ol' school producers but I think they got talent too....

Edited by bigted

The biggest factor I believe for Will to make it big again is not necessarily who he collaborates with, but to get better production for his albums, and better promotion. He needs some really hot beat from like Swizz Beatz or the Neptunes, and it really needs to be promoted, that is how he can become big time once again, at least in the mainstream sense of things.

Well when it comes to production Will could have the greatest DJ/producer Jazzy Jeff handle that, having more beats like "So Fresh" and "Twinkle Twinkle" would really boost popularity, but I think Will should collab on other rappers' albums, that'd really keep his name out there, go on Snoop's album, Kanye's album, LL's album, Nas' album, 50's album, Luda's album, Public Enemy's album, etc, maybe having a song or 2 on his movie soundtracks wouldn't hurt either, lol....

Edited by bigted