JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Mariah Carey Ties Elvis' Singles Record

bigted

Mariah Carey Ties Elvis on Singles Chart

NEW YORK - Mariah Carey's "Don't Forget About Us" rose to the top of Billboard's Hot 100 chart, putting her in a tie with Elvis Presley for second place among artists with the most No. 1 singles in the rock era.

Carey and Presley have 17 No. 1 hits, second only to the Beatles, who had 20. (Some music sources report Presley had 18 No. 1 hits by counting the double-sided single "Don't Be Cruel" and "Hound Dog" as two hits instead of one.)

"Don't Forget About Us" was Carey's second No. 1 song this year, following her ballad "We Belong Together." Both tunes are from her Grammy-nominated album, "The Emancipation of Mimi."

It has taken Carey just over 15 years to accumulate the 17 hit singles. Her first was "Vision of Love" in 1990.

"Don't Forget About Us," which ranked second last week, overtook Chris Brown's "Run It!" - which fell to No. 2 after five weeks at the top, Billboard said Thursday.

GO Mariah! I am soooo proud of her. mariah has gone thru some junk, but she hung in there, and came back stronger. I know everybody aint a 'maiah' fan...but shes got some serious talent., and I hope she continues to do well. :yeah:

peace,

cookie

:word: Yeah it's nice to see an artist with such talent like her get some recognition from all the hard work, she's had a great career!

She's actually ait. Good voice.

Only thing making me not really liking here is JD. Dude's wack as ****, stay of her ****ing records. like... he does good beats for her. But please... that Can I get Ya number song is ruined by him.

Oh sorry... that last one was mine.

I gotta give Mariah her props, i've never really cared for her as a person b/c of several reasons...but I've ALWAYS been a fan of her music and her voice, that five octave range is just unmatched...i think she's one of the most unique voices of our time, and she def. deserves all her successes

• 3 years later...