JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What's the best Album

Hero1

Favorite Will Smith/Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince album?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Will Smith/Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince album?

• Rock The House
    • He's the DJ, I'm The Rapper
    • And in this Corner..
    • Homebase
    • Code Red
    • Big Willie Style
    • Willennium
    • Born To Reign
    • Lost & Found

Perhaps it was a member of Tra-Knox who voted for it :jusmindyabizness:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw, I was just checking the okayplayer board and somebody made a "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" appreciation post with peeps callin' it one of the best hip-hop albums of the golden era! :2thumbs:

I went with Lost and Found, but Willenium, Code Red, and He's the DJ are all right there for me, they are all really on the same level to me, but I went with Lost and Found, mostly because I like the track Lost and Found so much, any of those four could be #1, though.

• Admin

i'm definitely in the code red/willennium/lost & found group as well. I went for Code Red. The more I think about it the more I can't find anything wrong with that album and theres so much to like about it. Willennium would be a hip hop classic if it wasnt for tracks 2-5.. Lost & Found is Will at his creative peak but the beats aren't as strong as his other albums.

He's the DJ was an enormous record but theres still a few filler tracks in that album. Big Willie Style, easy to listen to, but theres a lot of problems with that record. Will loses some focus on a lot of tracks and just creeps into how good he is, him being on magazines, son in private jets..just not feeling that kind of stuff..and the trackmasterz production is very uncreative cause they just took hits from the 80s and did nothing to them, added nothing to make them any different. Born to reign I just dont like, AITC isnt as good as hesthedj but is pretty much the same thing. Rock the house is raw but jjfp hadent fully developed yet. Thats how I see them at the moment. :yeah:

Whoa, Born To Reign got a vote :hmm:

The person who voted for born to reign is I ! I like tracks like "nothing on my mind", "give me tonite", "I gotta go home" and "maybe" and will's rhymes are flawless on this...i know your all going to be like :mygod: he like born to reign! :lolsign: I don't see what's so bad about it, I don't even really notice Tra- Knox...if Will had released better singles from Born and it had sold more I bet a lot more people would be into it.. :shrug:

well, I voted Willennium. I consider it as a full JJFP album,and it is. the beats are perfect, I don't pay attention to la fiesta...that's not hip hop. But the album has amazing stuff: so fresh, pump me up, potnas, the rain, Will2k, and NO MORE that I consider one of his best track ever!!! said that, I love lost & found, but the beats aren't on the same level of willennium.. I think the best beats of the album are chosen one and comin to the stage, 2 bonus trax... lyrically l&f is great,well written and focused! it's a pity cuz not all the beats are on the same level, think about wave em off... amazin rhymes, poor beat..