JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Podcast:Episode 3 is now up!

Hero1

Hey now I know a way we could get a way for Will to quit acting, spend most of the time callin' "Wild Wild West" the worst film ever made! :rofl:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Julie I remember in one of our failed podcasts we were dissing born to reign and you were sticking up for it :kekeke: :kekeke:

and whats so funny about that. Theres nothing wrong with born to reign. U all sound as if you'd rather swap your b2r copy for eminems greatest hits the way u talk. :thumbdown:

Now why should we compare born to reign with the other crap that came out in 2002? Will has released 8 brilliant albums.. Born To reign is very creative and I like Wills ideas, I like momma knows and how da beat goes and nothin on my mind.. but im not gonna compare Will with Eminem I'm comparing him with Will.. He has done so much better music than that. Tra Knox on every track is terrible, the beats are very average, will is hardly rapping and his rapping is not very good.. I cant stop may be his worst track. Just my opinion on that album :pony:

Now why should we compare born to reign with the other crap that came out in 2002? Will has released 8 brilliant albums.. Born To reign is very creative and I like Wills ideas, I like momma knows and how da beat goes and nothin on my mind.. but im not gonna compare Will with Eminem I'm comparing him with Will.. He has done so much better music than that. Tra Knox on every track is terrible, the beats are very average, will is hardly rapping and his rapping is not very good.. I cant stop may be his worst track. Just my opinion on that album :pony:

Although I like "I Cant Stop", I agree on everything else you said. Will didnt really turn up on this album, his rapping wasnt there, the beats were terrible and Tra Knox were not a welcome addition to a WS album. There was some flavours I was feeling on the album, but I think the main dissapointment to a fan is the fact that Jeff doesnt appear on the album. If Jeff had of been mixing some tracks and putting the beats to the songs they may have come across a little better. When you get use to having Jeff around and suddenly he isnt there on this album, its a hard to take that in and enjoy it. Evertime I listen to the album I pick out pints that Jeff could of scratched on. Especially on Block Party when Will mentions Jeff a lot. Lyrically he didnt turn up either, it seemed as if he just did this album to get back in the game or give Tra Know their big break, and he didnt really feel what he was doing towards the album. Lost & Found picked up a lot and is lyrically the best he has dropped, but even with that, the lack of JJFP doesnt feel right to listen to.

BTW....Forgot to add, great job on episode three. Its good to hear the fans views, and dissapointments :2thumbs:

Edited by Big Willie

"And In This Corner..." is brilliant?! :paperbag: :willvspaparazzi:

and in this corner kicks born to reigns ass and you know it :word:

Of course it does but it still ain't brilliant....

• Admin

and in this corner kicks born to reigns ass and you know it :word:

Of course it does but it still ain't brilliant....

Sure it is.. it features a lot of instrumentation which was a first in hip-hop.. its got a lot of great jazz beats.. jeffs scratching is first rate..the samples are crazy from bugs bunny to chuck d..will rips some great rhymes on tracks like numero uno and jeff waz on the beat boz..jazzys groove is one of their best tracks..and in this corner is probably their most pure rap album..and it is one of the best storytelling/funny albums out there

It's my least favorite JJFP album, I don't have the first one though, but compared to "He's The DJ...", "Code Red", and "Homebase", it sounds weak....

Don't get me wrong I didn't say it's wack but it's far from the best to me 'cause Will's got a deep catalog, other than that though it's definately a good album, it's disgusting that people don't give him more respect as an mc, there should be no debating on Will's place in the rap game if you look at his disography, most are too ignorant and brainwashed to do that though....

i must agree that AITC is weak compared to other JJFP albums but its still a good album. it's grown on me so much to the point where i can almost say there's no weak tracks on that album. but still, there's no track that really sticks out as a huge hit like on all the other albums and it's just not superior to any other of the JJFP albums but it's still solid.

see id probably say b2r was slightly better than aitc. Plus u cant say b2r had rubbish beats, the beat for "give me tonite" sampled a classical guitar tune. Its called classical gas and i used to play it and let me tell u its damn hard to play. I think it was a hit record in the 60's or somethin, there is nothign weak about that song.

Then on aitc id have to say its probably the funniest jjfp album, although i still dont really "get" and she bit me haha. Theres something good in every album u just have to be an optimist lol.