JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Who is Kel Spencer?

Silver Tiger

I feel what kel is saying but I don't want him to give up like that, I know I'm not giving up on my dream to make it myself

But then there's this...which he dropped today...

Here's the FREE download...

https://soundcloud.com/kel-spencer/kel-spencer-crazy-christmas

I suppose he's at least getting this project out. As supporters, let's make this count for him.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, REAL HIP HOP, KS KILLIN IT

Yeah, I don't really understand that part of the equation. For a time, it seemed like he was really moving in the direction of an album. I hope he promotes the hell out of this new mixtape. That's the only way it's gonna get close to the numbers he's looking for.

Edited by Silver Tiger

the state of hip hop is dismal right now, it seems like since the internet got big that quality albums don't get appreciated anymore, it's been a long time since a classic album went platinum, that's how I could understand kel's frustration but at the same time as it was mentioned on here when you're a true artist you don't worry what everyone thinks and you do it for the love of the game so hopefully the love will keep kel going, even if he just continues to drop mixtapes it's still worth something quality wise, to me that "salon stories" mixtape holds more substance than most hip hop albums in the last 5 years

• 2 weeks later...

Kel just shared this. It looks like he has some good things lined up. Some of it's music related and one of the projects looks like a fun indie movie that's loaded with legends.

http://kelspencer.fanbridge.com/campaigns/show.php?id=1055833&sid=89210721

• 1 month later...

I downloaded the mixtape on my mp3 player last night, was listening to about half of it before bed, "church" is definitely a standout track but it's all fire though!