JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Who is Kel Spencer?

Silver Tiger

People want albums.. and if not they want mix tapes with album quaility.. what they surely do not want is twitter updates and one download track every 6 months. but kel probably knows better, after all he came so far after being 15 years in the hip hip industry

Edited by Turntable

well kel's in a better position than i'm in and the million of us trying to make it in the game are still, i've been rapping for 12 years and i never met and did songs with the legendary JJFP and countless other legends that we all love so much

Edited by bigted

well the way i see it a lot of the true artists of hip hop history are slowing down their output or not putting out anything anymore, most of what's coming out now is by all the garbage rappers that've been torn apart many times on this board, it's like hip hop's seen better days, quite depressing when you think about it, like kool moe dee said in the mc that only real hip hop junkies like us actually know that there's some on the underground level are doing it, the lil' girls that buy albums don't listen to lyrics, it's all crappy club music, only us hip hop nerds check for lyrics, lol, if you judge by what's on the masses hip hop is dead...

Edited by bigted

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

how many classic albums that were successful came out in the last couple years? honestly though me personally i'm at the point where i'm gonna release my own stuff and not worrying about who's doing what anymore, it's all about the love, who needs the money and fame, let the lame rappers have it but us true heads will always be around for the realness, i wanna collab with ks myself

• 1 year later...

I messaged Kel on facebook tonight and asked him if he's gonna release any music soon, he hasn't done anything for quite awhile, it'd be really sad if he decides to give up emceeing, hip hop needs a breath of fresh air, if all those people who buy this mainstream crap heard something from KS they'd be blown away, now is the perfect time to release something

You mean his weekly breads? I received one tonight, that's what made me think about sending him a message about music, it wasn't that long ago that he mentioned new music but it's just that the hip hop game's so depressing that it's hard to have patience but I know he'll drop a classic sooner or later

He's been mentioning it at the bottom of his Warrior Poet emails. Click on the link below and you'll see that he'll have new music out next month!

http://warriorpoetbk.com/warriorpoet-my-squad-pt-1/

• 2 months later...

I gotta say I'm a bit confused by his message. If you love someone, or something in this case, you don't give up on them. If you have a loved one who is addicted to heroin you do what you can to help them get clean, you don't walk away and let them succumb to the drug and die. So if Rap is the loved one, and the commercial rap or heartless rap that he feels isn't something he wants to associate with is the drug, then how can he walk away? If it's about the art then it shouldn't matter to him what the other "artists" are doing. Walking away isn't the cure, as the saying goes, If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. If he's walks away then he's not helping fix the problem. He is clearly frustrated. Hopefully he doesn't throw in the towel.